The GPS watch is a great addition to any fitness regime. You can track your progress and see how you are doing. It also has a lot of other features such as tracking the number of steps you take, the distance traveled and calories burned. It can also provide insights on your sleep quality and heart rate.
The smartwatch is an amazing device that allows for constant connectivity with the world around us, but what if we want to be disconnected?
The best gps watch for running intervals will provide all the necessary information you need without having to be connected to the internet or your phone.
It will use GPS satellites and cellular signals in order to find information about latitude, longitude and elevation, which is very useful when you’re in remote areas where there may not be reception or Wi-Fi connection.
How to Find the Best gps watch for running intervals
With the wide range of features and styles available, it can be difficult to choose a GPS watch. The best way to find the perfect watch is to take into account what you need it for.
Activity Tracking and Analysis
Activity tracking and analysis is the monitoring and logging of an individual’s physical activity.
It is a new trend in health and fitness that may allow for a more personalized approach to exercise. These wearable devices offer a way to monitor how many steps a day a person takes, tracks their sleep patterns, or even how many calories they have burned during the day.
Activity tracking is becoming increasingly popular with companies such as Fitbit, Jawbone, Nike+ Fuelband, and Garmin.
However, a modern GPS watch should have activity tracking and analysis feature.
Maps and Navigation
While GPS watches can tell you your current location, some watches also provide maps and navigation apps to help you get there.
Maps and navigation is an invaluable tool that allows you to plan out your next trip, especially when you are hiking or biking in unknown places. The best GPS watches for navigation are those that use built-in maps.
This ensures that you will always have the latest and most accurate maps on your GPS watch so you can navigate in the most effective way.
Waterproofing Some watches do not come with a water-resistant design. A water-resistant GPS watch can be useful if you are going swimming, canoeing, surfing, or scuba diving. GPS watches for running, hiking, and cycling should be waterproof because they are typically used in outdoor activities.
If you are planning on doing some sports or just walking around the city at a park, this is the best feature to look for.
The weather conditions can be unpredictable, and the best GPS watch could help you find your way to safety.
We all know that it is important to stay safe and dry when we’re out and about. So how do we know when it’s time to head indoors?
Weather forecasting has never been easier with the help of GPS watches. These devices provide accurate location data, speed, elevation, and GPS coordinates in mere seconds. They also provide accurate forecasts for the next 2-3 days. This way people always know what to expect before they go outside.
So, a good gps watch for running intervals should forecast weather.
Weather and Fitness Monitoring
The weather is an essential part of a person’s health. When it’s rainy, cold, or hot outside, our energy levels are affected.
A GPS watch can be used to monitor changes in the weather and adjust accordingly.
Heart Rate and Sleep
Healthy sleep patterns can make a significant difference in how you feel on a daily basis.
In fact, the American Heart Association recommends that adults sleep 7 hours each night to optimize heart health.
However, if you struggle with insomnia, the weather, or another condition, you might need a wearable device to help you sleep.
GPS and Multi-GNSS Support
GPS watches are designed to display satellite images and map details for your location. However, some watches have the ability to track and analyze satellite data from different GPS systems such as GLONASS, GALILEO, and BeiDou. This allows for better accuracy when navigating around large areas, especially in mountainous regions.
The best GPS watches with multi-GNSS support allow you to use all of these satellites at the same time.
A good GPS watch should allow you to navigate by voice rather than typing in coordinates into a smartphone or tablet. This is because a GPS watch has a small touchscreen that you can use to control it. It is not as effective to type in navigation instructions when your wrist is occupied with something else. When you use your voice, it means that you can take your hands off the steering wheel and focus on the road.
Another feature that is becoming increasingly popular is Bluetooth support.
Bluetooth allows a watch to communicate wirelessly with another device, such as a smartphone, which makes pairing simple.
GPS watches with Bluetooth support are great because they can easily connect with smartphones to share their location and time.
Design The design of a GPS watch is also important to consider.
Design The design of a GPS watch is also important to consider.
Most GPS watches are small enough to fit in your pocket. The design should be lightweight and easy to wear on your wrist without the need for an armband.
Battery life is an essential consideration when buying a GPS watch. Many of these devices have rechargeable batteries that will keep you going for weeks on end. However, a GPS watch should have a battery that will last you while you are traveling and running outside.
Memory and Storage
Memory and storage are important features to look for in a GPS watch. You should know how much memory the device has so that you will not have to buy a new one in the future.
Some watches can store maps for offline navigation. The amount of storage space available is another consideration. A watch that has a small memory will run out of space quicker than one with a larger capacity.
Display Size and Quality
Display Technology Another feature to consider when choosing a GPS watch is display technology. When deciding on what size display to choose, be sure to look at the type of information that you want to see on the device. Large screens will show large amounts of data.
However, if you only want to see the time, a smaller screen is enough. Comfort and Design Some GPS watches come with fitness bands, whereas others are designed to look like traditional watches. It is important to consider the style of the watch before having one.
There are other features that are beneficial to consider when purchasing a GPS watch. These include:
- Wireless charging Waterproofing Multi-sports mode Pedometer GPS Music player
- Alarm clock
- Smartphone notification
- Heart rate monitor
- Temperature sensor Compatibility
- A good GPS watch should be compatible with all smartphones and tablets.
- If you have multiple devices such as an iPhone and Android smartphone, it is important to know which one your GPS watch will work with.
10 Best gps watch for running intervals
The more you know about your body, the more efficiently you can work on improving it. GPS watches are a crucial component of this process. We have compiled a list of the best gps watch for running intervals for activities such as running, cycling, hiking, and more to help you find one that suits your needs best.
1. Timex Unisex TW5M11800 Ironman GPS Black/Gray Silicone Strap Watch
- Easy to Use / Simple Interface
- 12 Hour GPS Battery Life
- Universal micro USB Charging and Data Transfer
- Lightweight / Slim Design
- Quick GPS Fix
2. Blackview Smart Watch, GPS Running Watches for Men Women and Kids Fitness Tracker Heart Rate Monitor 5ATM Waterproof, Smartwatch Compatible iPhone
- 【Multi-Function Fitness Watches for Men Women and Kids】 1.3 inch HD touch screen, GPS Activity tracker (pedometer, calories, distance), heart rate monitor, 14 sport modes, sleep monitoring; Call, SMS and APP messages notifications, music control, weather report, sedentary reminder, alarm clock, stopwatch, find phone, call rejection, brightness adjustment, DIY watch faces, and other functions to meet your daily needs.
- 【built-in GPS & 14 sport modes】means that you don’t need to carry a phone when you exercise, the watch can save all exercise data independently and can draw your running route and speed.supports GPS+Glonass+ Galilean precise positioning, suitable for outdoor complex environments. provides you with weather status and support 14 sports modes.perfect for beginners or advanced runners and shows your exercise data in the most accurate way: steps, distance, calories burned.
- 【24/7 Heart Rate Monitor & Sleep Tracker】Advanced HR sensor for accurate and effective heart rate monitoring, automatic sleep tracking, and provide comprehensive analysis of your sleep(deep sleep,light sleep and wake up time), focus on and know more about your health.
- 【Smart Watch for Android Phones iPhone】- Get notifications for calls, texts, calendar and apps (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter) when your phone connects to the smartwatch, you can even hang up incoming phone calls from your wrist. All functions work well with iOS 8.0 & Android 4.0 above system.
- 【Swimming Waterproof Fitness Watch & 45 Days Battery Life 】 – Blackview smart watches is designed with 5ATM waterproof rating,which, water resistant up to 50M, so you can wear your watch in the shower, pool and beyond. Large capacity and low power consumption design offers longer endurance. That only takes 2.5 hours to charge and can be used for up to 10 days with a standby time of 30-45 days.
3. Garmin 010-01689-00 Forerunner 35; Easy-to-Use GPS Running Watch, Black
- Easy-to use GPS running watch tracks how far, how fast and where you run
- Estimates heart rate at the wrist, all day and night, using Garmin elevate wrist heart rate technology
- Connected features: Smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking and music controls (when paired with a compatible smartphone)
- All-day activity tracking estimates steps, calories and intensity minutes and reminds you when to move
- Automatically uploads your data to Garmin Connect, our free online fitness community where you can join challenges, receive insights and share your progress as you meet your goals
4. Garmin Forerunner 45S, 39mm Easy-to-use GPS Running Watch with Coach Free Training Plan Support, White
- Gps running Watch with Garmin Coach training plan support
- Smaller-sized easy-to-use running watch estimates heart rate at the wrist and Features GPS to Track your pace, distance, intervals and more
- Works with free Garmin Coach Adaptive training plans that bring expert, personalized coaching right to your wrist
- Connected features include smart notifications for incoming texts and calls, automatic uploads to our Garmin connect online community, live tracking and controls for the music playing on your paired compatible smartphone
- Safety and tracking Features include incident detection (during select activities) which sends your real-time location to emergency contacts through your paired compatible smartphone.Sports apps for running, cycling, indoor track, treadmill, elliptical, cardio, yoga and more.Battery life: up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 14 hours in GPS mode.Included Components: Forerunner 45S; Charging Cable; Documentation
5. Garmin Forerunner 235, GPS Running Watch, Black/Gray
- GPS running watch with wrist based heart rate and display type is sunlight visible, transflective memory in pixel (MIP)
- Customize your watch and your training, larger screen a 44 percentage larger screen than the 225 but the same physical size
- Audio Prompts: Receive Audio Prompts from your connected smartphone that include laps and lap times. Smartwatch mode: Up to 9 days. Gps mode: Up to 11 hours
- Smart notifications: See incoming email, text messages, call alerts, calendar reminders and more from your compatible smartphone. Display size: 1.23 inch diameter
- Battery life 11 hours training, 9 days watch, activity tracking, notifications + heart rate. Refer user manual below
6. Garmin Forerunner 35 Watch, Frost Blue (Renewed)
- Built-in GPS – built-in to acquire satellites quickly to track how far, how fast and where you run, even under tree cover. No phone required!
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring – warm gives you heart rate all day and night -no additional Strap required.
- Vibration alerts – helpful vibration alerts notify you of running prompts, activity tracking milestones, smart notifications and virtual pacing progress.
- Updated display – new high resolution display that is perfect for indoor/outdoor viewing.
7. Garmin Forerunner 235 Black/Grey, One Size
- Tracks distance, pace, time, heart rate and more
- Connected features: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, audio prompts, smart notifications and social media sharing
- Activity tracking counts daily steps, distance, calories and sleep
- Download data fields, watch faces, widgets and applications from Connect IQ
8. Garmin Forerunner 245 Music, GPS Running Smartwatch with Music and Advanced Dynamics, Black
- GPS running smartwatch with music advanced training features, Lens Material:Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Bezel Material: fiber-reinforced polymer, Strap material:silicone
- Sync with music streaming services, such as Spotify, to easily store and play your favorite songs right from your watch
- Evaluates your current training status to indicate if you’re undertraining or overdoing it; Offers additional performance monitoring features
- Get free adaptive training plans from Garmin coach, or create your own custom workouts on our Garmin connect online fitness community
- Provides advanced running dynamics, including ground contact time balance, stride length, vertical ratio and more (When used with Running Dynamics Pod or HRM Run or HRM Tri monitors (sold separately))
- Battery life: Up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; Up to 6 hours in GPS mode with music. Physical size – 42.3 x 42.3 x 12.2 (millimeter). Fits wrists with a circumference of 127-204 millimeter. Display size – 1.2 inch (30.4 millimeter) diameter
9. Garmin 010-02064-00 Instinct, Rugged Outdoor Watch with GPS, Features Glonass and Galileo, Heart Rate Monitoring and 3-Axis Compass, Graphite
- Rugged GPS watch built to withstand the toughest environments
- Constructed to U.S. Military standard 810G for thermal, shock and water resistance (rated to 100 meters)
- Built in 3 axis compass and barometric altimeter, plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, Glonass and Galileo) support helps track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Monitor your estimated heart rate, activity and stress; Train with preloaded activity profiles. Strap material: Silicone
- Stay connected with smart notifications (with a compatible smartphone) and automatic data uploads to the Garmin connect online fitness community
- Use the trackback feature to navigate the same route back to your starting point; Use the Garmin explore website and app to plan your trips in advance
- Battery life: Up to 14 days in smartwatch mode, up to 16 hours in GPS mode, up to 40 hours in Ultratrac battery saver mode
10. Garmin Forerunner 55, GPS Running Watch with Daily Suggested Workouts, Up to 2 Weeks of Battery Life, Aqua
- Easy-to-use running watch monitors heart rate (this is not a medical device) at the wrist and uses GPS to track how far, how fast and where you’ve run
- Take the guesswork out of training with suggested workouts of varying intensities based on your training history, fitness level and recovery time
- Plan your race day strategy with the PacePro feature (not compatible with on-device courses), which offers GPS-based pace guidance for a selected course or distance
- Run your best with helpful training tools, including race time predictions and finish time estimates
- Track all the ways you move with built-in activity profiles for running, cycling, track run, virtual run, pool swim, Pilates, HIIT, breathwork and more
- Tune in to your body with advanced wellness features, such as intensity minutes, fitness age, all-day respiration and more
- Customize your watch with free watch faces, data fields, apps and widgets from the Connect IQ Store (requires Garmin Connect app and Connect IQ app loaded on a compatible smartphone)
- Battery life: up to 2 weeks in smartwatch mode; up to 20 hours in GPS mode
You can use your smartwatch to track your exercise, record your workouts, and track how many steps you’ve taken during your day. The Apple Watch comes with built-in GPS tracking that can automatically alert you to any potential issues, such as an upcoming workout.
You can even send texts and calls directly from your watch to the ones on your phone if you’re using the watch. Your activity can be tracked by the watch’s accelerometer or heart rate monitor.
The Apple Watch is compatible with iPhones and can act as a companion app for both iOS and Android phones. You can easily track your heart rate and monitor your sleep with the Apple Watch Series 3, and it will let you know if you have a heart attack if it detects anything abnormal.
It also tracks your activity level and your pace and distance traveled each day. The watch will also give you reminders and notifications to help you get moving, stay active, and eat healthily. As far as smartwatches go, the Apple Watch Series 3 is one of the best options.
The conclusion to choose the gps watch for running intervals for your needs is not an easy task. But, we hope this article will help you make a smarter decision and find the best one for you and your family.