It’s never been easier to track the location of your car. Now there are numerous GPS tracker for cars available on the market. You can find one that best fits your need by looking at what to look for when buying one.
The best GPS tracker will have voice activation so you don’t have to take it out of your pocket, and it will also support live tracking so you can follow its location in real time. The battery life is also important – if you want it to last, get one that lasts more than a day without charging.
This article is a guide to help you choose the gps tracker for special needs kids, which includes a review of some popular trackers and helpful buying tips.
We have selected these devices based on durability, ease of use and battery life. Here we go.
What is a GPS Tracker and How Does it Work?
A GPS tracker is a device that is used to track the location of an object. The most common use for it is to locate a car, but it can also be used for things like tracking your child’s school bus or an elderly person who may wander off.
GPS trackers are able to pinpoint the location of your object by using satellite triangulation. They use their own built-in antenna and data service providers in order to get the necessary information from space that they need. This information then gets transmitted back down to their on-board computer where they are able to show you the location of your tracked object.
How to Choose the Best gps tracker for special needs kids
A GPS tracker can be differentiated by the level of accuracy required for its use, as well as by its size, power, and features.
Commercial grade GPS trackers are typically used in businesses to track larger vehicles or delivery trucks. Small business grade GPS trackers are typically less expensive and are widely used in small business to track vehicle fleets with mixed accuracy levels.
So first of all realize your requirements.
Types of GPS tracker
The GPS tracking device is a small device that can be installed on any vehicle. It has the ability to transmit coordinates to the nearest satellite, which will then relay them back to a control center. The control center will then convert the coordinates into location information and send it back to the tracker unit. There are two types of trackers: active and passive trackers
Passive trackers do not have a power source, they rely on an external power source such as a car battery or 12-volt cigarette lighter plug for their power supply. Active trackers have an internal battery that they use for transmitting signals.
Active tracker units can be used in many ways, including for tracking down stolen vehicles as well as locating motorists who may have been involved in accidents.
It is essential for GPS trackers to have a GPS connection. The best options are those that have a connection to the internet so that your location can be monitored through an app on your phone.
Portability is an essential element in the best GPS trackers. The tracker should be lightweight, slim, and easy to carry around. The device should also have a long battery life.
Geofencing is generally used by businesses to track the location of their employees. It also helps them to provide their customers with an accurate estimate of when they will arrive at their destination.
Small businesses can take advantage of geofencing too. They will be able to free up their time by knowing when they should expect a customer. Geofencing provides them with the opportunity to give their clients an accurate estimate on how long it will take for them to arrive at the store or any other location.
So having geofencing feature with the GPS trackers is an useful feature.
The greater the number of locations it can track at any given time, the better.
If your GPS tracker only lasts a day, then it won’t be convenient to use every day, and if you have to charge it regularly, you’ll be spending more time on charging than tracking your car.
The greater the number of activities that the tracker can record and the more accurate the location that is recorded, the better.
The size of the tracker is also important, and there are plenty of GPS trackers available with sizes from small to large.
The level of accuracy in a GPS tracker can vary. This is determined by the device’s level of the signal and how often it updates its location. The better the accuracy, the more precise your location data will be, but it also drains the device’s battery faster.
Durability and construction
GPS trackers come in various materials, some with plastic bodies and metal cases, others with ceramic cases and metal. Some are even waterproof. The best GPS tracker for durability will have a sturdy and watertight body.
The best GPS trackers will be voice-activated, which will mean they are easier to use and don’t require that you take it out of your pocket.
Power consumption — The amount of power that a GPS tracker requires is also an important factor to consider. This can affect the life of the battery, as well as the overall efficiency of the device. So, the more power a tracker requires, the shorter its battery life is likely to be. Features You can find many options when choosing a GPS tracker, ranging from simple to complex.
Some basic features include
- voice activation: to make the tracking experience easier and convenient
- voice notifications: if the tracker is offline, it will make you aware when it becomes active again.
to let you know when the device is about to leave a particular area or when there is activity in an area
- speed alerts: if your car is speeding or not
- lock / unlock: to automatically lock or unlock a vehicle after an agreed-upon period of time has elapsed.
- tracking speed limit: if your car reaches a certain speed, it will alert you so that you can adjust your driving speed accordingly.
- remote lock / unlock: it allows you to remotely lock or unlock your vehicle.
- theft alerts: your car will be tracked as soon as it is taken out of your possession and it will notify you as soon as it is taken back.
- location history: this feature lets you see the locations where your car has been. It is useful for tracking routes.
- speed and distance history: you can get real-time updates when your car is traveling at a particular speed or driving a particular distance.
- mileage history: if you want to track how far your car travels on a particular route or how many miles your car drives in a day.
- geofencing alarm: can be used to alert you if the vehicle enters or leaves a pre-set geographical boundary
GPS is a powerful tool in the world of theft protection. It helps to find a stolen vehicle or a person.
There are two types of GPS trackers that can be used for theft protection:
– Tracking devices that are installed on the car, motorcycle, bike, etc.
– Tracking devices installed on the person’s body
GPS trackers can help you to find your property and reduce the risk of theft.
10 Best gps tracker for special needs kids
Here are the top 10 gps tracker for special needs kids
1. AngelSense Personal GPS Tracker for Kids, Teen, Autism, Special Needs, Elderly, Dementia – 2-Way Auto-Answer Speakerphone & SOS Button – School Bus
- FREE SERVICE FOR 1st MONTH with easy activation on arrival. MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED – 39.99 per month with a 1 year contract & includes SIM card, unlimited tracking, 60 voice mins per month, premium safety features, & more | Risk Free 30 DAY 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE | Guardian Kit Includes: GPS Device with Speakerphone, Soft Wearable Sleeve, Non-Removable Fasteners, Parent Key, Unlimited Live US Customer Care Assistance | ACCURATE & RELIABLE Continuous, All Day, REAL-TIME GPS Tracking.
- SAFEST GPS TRACKER for autism, special needs & dementia – Only tracker with continuous all-day monitoring | Advanced Safeguard GPS for most accurate location – Know immediately if your loved one elopes & find them ASAP! ASSISTIVE SPEAKERPHONE: Talk to your child or listen in & make sure they’re ok – auto-answer for special needs, SOS call button to know when they need you. UNLIMITED Live Tracking, Customizable Geofence Safe Places, Guardians, Detailed Location & Transit History, & More.
- INTELLIGENT iALERTS – Only with AngelSense – Auto learns daily routine for alerts when potentially dangerous situations occur: Early Departure, Unexpected Places, Late Arrival, Late Departure. SAFE RIDE MONITORING: Live Route, Max Speed, ETA, Unexpected Delays & Stops – Know if they miss the bus, get off at the wrong stop, the bus breaks down, or got off the bus but didn’t go into school. Other GPS devices only provide alerts for preset geofences, we monitor your loved one anywhere & everywhere!
- EMERGENCY SEARCH TOOLS to quickly activate a search and rescue team, send a temporary live map link to First Responders, 911 dispatch, police officers, babysitter, neighbors, etc. See where you are in relation to your loved one and get directions. ALARM to hear where they are if hiding or lost in a crowd. WELL-BEING features like Step Counter, Listen-In, Location Activity Playback, etc. SCHOOL DASHBOARD for customization during school hours and limited access for teachers and school staff.
- EASY-TO-USE iOS, Android, or Windows App for mobile phones, tablets, laptop or desktop. Auto-detects & names places, fully customizable, add guardians & set permissions, turn on & off features, decide what alerts & notifications you want and how to get them (Push, Email & SMS). NON-REMOVABLE & SENSORY SENSITIVE WEARING SLEEVE INCLUDED – Optional Waterproof, Belt, & Undershirt available. Live Customer Care from USA experts who use AngelSense for their kids + a supportive special needs community!
2. Jiobit (2021) – Smallest Real-Time GPS Location Tracker for Personal Safety | Kids, Pets, Elderly, Adults | Tiny, Waterproof, Durable, Encrypted |
- REQUIRES A SUBSCRIPTION PLAN: Jiobit requires a data plan to track location. Your monthly plan is selected during activation in the free Jiobit app available for Android & iOS. No separate cellular contract is needed.
- The first-of-its-kind Jiobit TrustChip delivers unmatched security and encryption, meeting or exceeding US-government standards. It’s a caregiver’s dream and hacker’s worst nightmare.
- Small, lightweight, and durable design allows you to discreetly clip onto clothing or shoes for a simple wearable GPS tracker. Jiobit is an excellent option for yourself, your child, your pet, or your parent (seniors) – especially those with sensory sensitivities.
- Track at any distance – even indoors. Not only will you know WHERE your child is, but WHO they’re with. Departure and arrival notifications to-and-from home, school, work, or other trusted locations to allow caregivers to track loved ones from anywhere at any time.
- Jiobit is proud to be a U.S. company with 100% U.S.-based support out of our headquarters in Chicago.
3. Fitbit Versa 3 Health & Fitness Smartwatch with GPS, 24/7 Heart Rate, Alexa Built-in, 6+ Days Battery, Black/Black, One Size (S & L Bands Included)
- Run, bike, hike and more phone-free and see your real-time pace & distance with built-in GPS. Then check out your workout intensity map in the Fitbit app
- Active Zone Minutes uses your resting heart rate to gauge exercise effort and gives you a buzz when you step up the intensity so you can make the most of your workouts.Maximum operating altitude: 28,000 ft
- Better track heart rate 24×7 with PurePulse 2.0, Fitbit’s enhanced heart rate technology. Operating temperature: -4° to 140° F
- See your nightly blood oxygen levels at a glance with our collection of SpO2 clock faces. Then use the Fitbit app to track your trends over time in the Health Metrics dashboard to see when there may be indications of important changes in your wellness
- Use Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa Built-in to get quick news, set bedtime reminders and alarms, control your smart home devices and more just by speaking to your watch
- Use the built-in mic and speaker to take Bluetooth calls hands-free, send callers to voicemail and adjust volume (Available when phone is nearby. Requires more frequent charging)
- Store and play music & podcasts on Deezer or Pandora, plus control Spotify all from your wrist (Subscriptions required for use of music services; not available in all countries)
4. GPS Tracker – Optimus 2.0 4G LTE Bundle with Waterproof Twin Magnet Case
- Accurate, Discreet, Real-Time GPS Tracker with POWERFUL Twin Magnet Case.
- $19.95 per month – Quarterly 5% off | Bi-Annual 10% off | Annual 20% off subscription plan – All features included – Cancel Anytime – No Contract – No Hidden Fees – All tracker update options are included as fast as 10 second report frequency
- Battery Life up to 2 weeks reporting frequency at 1 minute
- Email and Text Message Alerts for Movement, Speeding, Leaving or Entering Areas, Low Battery, SOS Button – Driving Reports
- Set up custom INSTANT ALERTS – text and/or email – App available on IPhone and Android – SIM Card and Data Plan Included – FCC Certified Unit – Coverage for USA and Canada
5. Bewinner GPS Necklace Tracker for Kids,GPS + LBS + Wi-Fi Positioning,GPS Intercom Tracker Support SOS Call/History Track/Electronic Fence/Multi-Pla
- 【Global Universal】Support GSM Four Frequency Network, Voice Time Zone Settings, Built-in Global Access Parameters.NOTE:you need to get a cellphone line for it and get SIM card.
- 【Multi-Platform Monitoring】support Android, Apple mobile phones and computers and other network clients.
- 【Various Working Modes】 Fast positioning (1 minute GPS positioning),consumes electricity quickly.Standard positioning (10-minute GPS positioning),Power-saving positioning (one hour GPS positioning),consumes less power.
- 【More Exclusive Advantages】Necklace design,easy to carry.History track,Geofence,Voice monitoring,SMS monitoring number,GPS + LBS + Wi-Fi positioning,Do Not Disturb mode,With SOS button and two way voice function.
- 【100% Satisfaction Guarantee】If You Have Questions About The Product Or Are Not Satisfied With It, Please Contact Us At Any Time, We Will Provide You With a Best Solution. Your Satisfaction Is Our Main Concern.
6. GPS Tracker Button Finder Locator Tamper-Proof Tracking Device for Kids, Boys, Girls, Pets, Old Age, Anti-Lost Electronic Fence, Hidden Anti-Lost,
- Small size, light weight and easy to carry. The shape of the button is easy to hide and is ideal for tracking vehicles, teens, spouses, the elderly or property. Can be fastened on clothes or backpack, very convenient to use
- Anti-disassembly lock, if there is no unlocking device, it cannot be disassembled, no longer worry about the child losing the locator, there is no sound and light when running, and it will not disturb the child in class.
- Automatically change the positioning method according to the environment, or you can locate it indoors, real-time inquiry of APP operation, the whereabouts are clear at a glance. Through the app’s electronic fence function, children’s school courses, senior walking courses and other preset safe areas. Automatic warning of deviation from the preset area
- Street View Map can help you, be it a street or alley, to see your child’s surrounding environment in real time. When children and the elderly are in danger, they can seek help through the SOS button
- The appearance looks like a button, which can be fixed on clothing without additional installation and will not fall off. Designed for kids
7. Airtag Necklace for Kids with Adjustable Stopper and Airtag Screen Protector Included, Colored TPU Silicone Protective Cover with 29 inch Elastic N
- Never Lose Your Loved Ones – Air Tag introduced a new way to find lost items. We created an Air Tag compatible necklace to go beyond just finding items and to locate loved ones wherever they are.
- Compatible with Air Tag 2021 – Provides secure protection for your Air Tag no matter what kind of activity is done while wearing it.
- Adjustable Necklace for All Ages – Includes a size controlling stopper to fit everyone.
- Scratch and Fingerprint Free Protection – Anti Fingerprint and scratch resistant film is included to protect your Air Tag in any situation.
- Comfortable Design and Material- Light rubber material allows for extended hours of activity with zero neck strain.
8. TrackPort GPS Tracker For Vehicles – Brickhouse Security OBD-II Track Car Location and Speed with Mini OBD Tracking Device | Monitor Kids and Vehic
- ENSURE THE SAFETY OF YOUR LOVED ONES – Create Geofences that alerts you when your vehicle has entered or exited defined areas; monitor the length of time your car was in the area
- MONITOR YOUR KID’S DRIVING BEHAVIOR – Run reports on excessive speeding, harsh acceleration, braking, turning, all stops, total time & mileage driven
- TRACK THIEVES – Maintain surveillance over your personal vehicles or commercial fleet with our portable GPS Tracker, receiving alerts when your car is on the move
- NO PROFESSIONAL INSTALL NEEDED – Easy Plug & Play mini tracking device; simply plug this GPS tracker for vehicles in the OBD-II port under the dashboard of any car, batteries not needed
- AFFORDABLE SUBSCRIPTION: 3 Plans to Choose From! Annual / Quarterly / Monthly. As low as $17.99 a month with an Annual subscription. Subscription of $17.99, $24.99 or $29.99 is required! No contracts to sign & hassle-free cancellation.
9. Garmin eTrex 10 Worldwide Handheld GPS Navigator
- Rugged handheld navigator with preloaded worldwide basemap and 2.2 inch monochrome display
- WAAS enabled GPS receiver with HotFix and GLONASS support for fast positioning and a reliable signal
- Waterproof to IPX7 standards for protection against splashes, rain, etc.
- Support for paperless geocaching and Garmin spine mounting accessories. Power with two AA batteries for up to 20 hours of use (best with Polaroid AA batteries)
- See high and low elevation points or store waypoints along a track (start, finish and high/low altitude) to estimate time and distance between points
10. Tile Pro (2020) 1-pack – High Performance Bluetooth Tracker, Keys Finder and Item Locator for Keys, Bags, and More; 400 ft Range, Water Resistance
- FIND KEYS, BAGS & MORE — Directly attach the powerful Pro to keys, backpacks, purses or anything else you need to keep track of regularly and use our free app on iOS or Android to find them.
- FIND NEARBY — Use the Tile app to ring your Pro when it’s within 400 ft. or ask your Smart Home device to find it for you. Tile works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Xfinity, and Siri.
- FIND FAR AWAY — When outside of Bluetooth range, use the Tile app to view your Tile’s most recent location or enlist the secure and anonymous help of the Tile Network to aid in your search.
- FIND YOUR PHONE — Use your Tile to find your phone, even when it’s on silent.
- UPGRADE YOUR FINDING EXPERIENCE — Subscribe to Premium or Premium Protect for proactive finding features and enhanced services including Item Reimbursement, Smart Alerts, and Free Battery Replacement.
5 Great Uses of a 3rd Generation Wireless Location Tracking System
GPS trackers are location-tracking devices that help you to keep track of your vehicles or valuable assets. They are inexpensive and easy to install, so it might seem like an easy decision. However, before you buy one, it is important to weigh the benefits against the downsides.
A GPS tracker is a device that can be installed onto any type of asset in order to monitor its geographic movements. This information can then be used for many purposes including security and tracking of valuable assets.
GPS trackers are often used by individuals who want to keep tabs on their car or other personal items but they are also frequently employed by businesses for various purposes including security monitoring and inventory management. For this article, we will be focusing on how GPS trackers can be used by businesses for tracking their valuable.
Some Disadvantages Using GPS Trackers
Although this may be true, there are some disadvantages to using GPS trackers. As previously stated, these devices can be expensive. Some may require subscription fees and monthly charges, which is another added cost.
Disadvantages of GPS trackers GPS devices use a satellite signal that is located above our planet. In order for the device to work, it has to be able to detect the signal, decode the data, and then make sense of the information.
GPS devices depend on four satellites to work, and there are a lot of things that could interfere with the signal, like buildings, trees, hills and mountains. So if you are driving through an urban area, or in a large city, then it might not be very easy to pinpoint the location of your car.
Also, some areas have lots of tall buildings and they may block out the signal from the satellites, especially at night. GPS devices don’t provide 100% accuracy. Some may show you a false location even when the device is working properly.
Why Having a Good GPS Tracker is Important?
Here are the five reasons why you should have a good GPS tracker for your daily life.
- GPS trackers are not as expensive as they used to be.
- They can be installed on a vehicle and still monitor the person who is driving it.
- They can also monitor where a person has gone, how long they were at that location, and what kind of activity they were doing at the location (i.e., if the person was outside for work or inside for personal use.)
- GPS trackers can also be used to monitor people’s movements after an accident or incident to find out where they may have been taken by an attacker or someone with bad intentions towards them.
- GPS trackers can be installed on children’s backpacks to ensure that the children are safe throughout their day and return home safely at night, even if there’s no.
There are a plethora of gps tracker for special needs kids out there. Make sure you do your research before making a purchase, and always ask yourself what you need the tracker for. Remember, your needs may change over time so it’s best to buy something that is more flexible than something with one specific use case.