It’s never been easier to track the location of your car. Now there are numerous GPS tracker for cars available on the market. You can find one that best fits your need by looking at what to look for when buying one.
The best GPS tracker will have voice activation so you don’t have to take it out of your pocket, and it will also support live tracking so you can follow its location in real time. The battery life is also important – if you want it to last, get one that lasts more than a day without charging.
This article is a guide to help you choose the gps tracker for keys and wallet, which includes a review of some popular trackers and helpful buying tips.
We have selected these devices based on durability, ease of use and battery life. Here we go.
What is a GPS Tracker and How Does it Work?
A GPS tracker is a device that is used to track the location of an object. The most common use for it is to locate a car, but it can also be used for things like tracking your child’s school bus or an elderly person who may wander off.
GPS trackers are able to pinpoint the location of your object by using satellite triangulation. They use their own built-in antenna and data service providers in order to get the necessary information from space that they need. This information then gets transmitted back down to their on-board computer where they are able to show you the location of your tracked object.
How to Choose the Best gps tracker for keys and wallet
A GPS tracker can be differentiated by the level of accuracy required for its use, as well as by its size, power, and features.
Commercial grade GPS trackers are typically used in businesses to track larger vehicles or delivery trucks. Small business grade GPS trackers are typically less expensive and are widely used in small business to track vehicle fleets with mixed accuracy levels.
So first of all realize your requirements.
Types of GPS tracker
The GPS tracking device is a small device that can be installed on any vehicle. It has the ability to transmit coordinates to the nearest satellite, which will then relay them back to a control center. The control center will then convert the coordinates into location information and send it back to the tracker unit. There are two types of trackers: active and passive trackers
Passive trackers do not have a power source, they rely on an external power source such as a car battery or 12-volt cigarette lighter plug for their power supply. Active trackers have an internal battery that they use for transmitting signals.
Active tracker units can be used in many ways, including for tracking down stolen vehicles as well as locating motorists who may have been involved in accidents.
It is essential for GPS trackers to have a GPS connection. The best options are those that have a connection to the internet so that your location can be monitored through an app on your phone.
Portability is an essential element in the best GPS trackers. The tracker should be lightweight, slim, and easy to carry around. The device should also have a long battery life.
Geofencing is generally used by businesses to track the location of their employees. It also helps them to provide their customers with an accurate estimate of when they will arrive at their destination.
Small businesses can take advantage of geofencing too. They will be able to free up their time by knowing when they should expect a customer. Geofencing provides them with the opportunity to give their clients an accurate estimate on how long it will take for them to arrive at the store or any other location.
So having geofencing feature with the GPS trackers is an useful feature.
The greater the number of locations it can track at any given time, the better.
If your GPS tracker only lasts a day, then it won’t be convenient to use every day, and if you have to charge it regularly, you’ll be spending more time on charging than tracking your car.
The greater the number of activities that the tracker can record and the more accurate the location that is recorded, the better.
The size of the tracker is also important, and there are plenty of GPS trackers available with sizes from small to large.
The level of accuracy in a GPS tracker can vary. This is determined by the device’s level of the signal and how often it updates its location. The better the accuracy, the more precise your location data will be, but it also drains the device’s battery faster.
Durability and construction
GPS trackers come in various materials, some with plastic bodies and metal cases, others with ceramic cases and metal. Some are even waterproof. The best GPS tracker for durability will have a sturdy and watertight body.
The best GPS trackers will be voice-activated, which will mean they are easier to use and don’t require that you take it out of your pocket.
Power consumption — The amount of power that a GPS tracker requires is also an important factor to consider. This can affect the life of the battery, as well as the overall efficiency of the device. So, the more power a tracker requires, the shorter its battery life is likely to be. Features You can find many options when choosing a GPS tracker, ranging from simple to complex.
Some basic features include
- voice activation: to make the tracking experience easier and convenient
- voice notifications: if the tracker is offline, it will make you aware when it becomes active again.
to let you know when the device is about to leave a particular area or when there is activity in an area
- speed alerts: if your car is speeding or not
- lock / unlock: to automatically lock or unlock a vehicle after an agreed-upon period of time has elapsed.
- tracking speed limit: if your car reaches a certain speed, it will alert you so that you can adjust your driving speed accordingly.
- remote lock / unlock: it allows you to remotely lock or unlock your vehicle.
- theft alerts: your car will be tracked as soon as it is taken out of your possession and it will notify you as soon as it is taken back.
- location history: this feature lets you see the locations where your car has been. It is useful for tracking routes.
- speed and distance history: you can get real-time updates when your car is traveling at a particular speed or driving a particular distance.
- mileage history: if you want to track how far your car travels on a particular route or how many miles your car drives in a day.
- geofencing alarm: can be used to alert you if the vehicle enters or leaves a pre-set geographical boundary
GPS is a powerful tool in the world of theft protection. It helps to find a stolen vehicle or a person.
There are two types of GPS trackers that can be used for theft protection:
– Tracking devices that are installed on the car, motorcycle, bike, etc.
– Tracking devices installed on the person’s body
GPS trackers can help you to find your property and reduce the risk of theft.
10 Best gps tracker for keys and wallet
Here are the top 10 gps tracker for keys and wallet
1. Tile Starter Pack (2020) 2-pack (1 Mate, 1 Slim) – Bluetooth Tracker, Item Locator & Finder for Keys and Wallets or Backpacks and Tablets; Easily F
- FIND YOUR KEYS, WALLETS & MORE: This two-pack to get you started includes 1 Mate and 1 Slim tracker. Directly attach Mate to your keys, put Slim in your wallet, and use our free app on iOS or Android to find them. Keep track of more for less or give them to your friends and family as a gift.
- FIND NEARBY — Use the Tile app to ring your Mate and Slim when they’re within 200 ft. or ask your Smart Home device to find it for you. Tile works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Xfinity, and Siri.
- FIND FAR AWAY — When outside of Bluetooth range, use the Tile app to view your Tile’s most recent location or enlist the secure and anonymous help of the Tile Network.
- FIND YOUR PHONE — Use your Tile to find your phone, even when it’s on silent.
- UPGRADE YOUR FINDING EXPERIENCE — Subscribe to Premium or Premium Protect for proactive finding features and enhanced services including Item Reimbursement, Smart Alerts, and Free Battery Replacement.
2. Key Finder,4 Pack Bluetooth Tracker Smart, GPS Tracking Locator, Anti-Lost Tracker Device APP Control Compatible iOS Android for Keys, Pets, Phone,
- 【Portable Design】Our key finder is very convenient to finding your items.Available in 4 stylish colors.Phone,Key, Bag,Item, Umbrella,Pets Finder.It will alert you when you go out of range. Just press the button and follow the sound!Then you’ll never lose your valuables again!
- 【APP Remotely Control】Key finder uses Bluetooth 4.0 technology to connect Android, iOS, iPad and other smart phones. Download free APP ‘isearching’ or ‘Kindelf’ ,then pair it with your smart phone. When you press the remote button, the receiver sounds “beeps”. Then you can make the product beeps to find your things with your phone’s app.
- 【Bidirectional Searching】Our key finder is connected to the phone via Bluetooth and App.You can make the product beeps to find your things with your phone’s app，you can double-click theproduct’s button to cause your phone ring.
- 【Positioning and Tracking】The current position of the object can be checked on the mobile phone, and the last remaining position can be checked after disconnecting. If you lost your tracker,you can find it in ’Lost History’. A pin-drop will be marked automaticall on map and it will tell you the tracker ‘s location. Just press ‘Lost History’ to find the record.
- 【Perfect Gift】Portable design,will not increase your burden on any times. Also it can take awesome wide angle selfies from your front or rear facing cameras, Works as remote shutter for self-portrait capture the happiest moment easily.A must-have gift for the family.
3. AFXOBO GPS Locator Mini Bluetooth Anti-Lost Finder, Bluetooth Tracker Companion GPS Key Wallet Pet Support iOS & Android
- Bundle easy-to-lost items and valuable items (such as mobile phones, keys, handbags, wallets, etc.) together to realize anti-lost reminders and search functions.
- Multiple functions, can be used as device ringtone, mobile phone finder, selfie controller, anti-lost tester for all items outdoors and indoors.
- Track anytime, anywhere, just track the lost item on the smartphone app and quickly find it through the loud ringing.
- The effective use distance of this anti-lost device in open areas can reach 10-15 meters.
- Tip: If you have any questions, the customer service will answer you within 24 hours.
4. Orbit Card – Wallet Finder – Wireless Smart GPS Item Tracker and Locator with Rechargeable Battery – Compatible with free iOS & Android Phone App –
- FIND YOUR WALLET: Save yourself the stress of searching for misplaced items. Slip the Orbit inside your wallet so you can find it in seconds just by using your Smartphone. If your Orbit is within range, it will play a loud tune until you locate it.
- FIND YOUR PHONE: Misplaced your phone? Simply press the button on your Orbit Card to make your phone ring even on silent!
- TAKE A SELFIE: Take the perfect selfie or group shot every time. Simply set up your phone, stand back and use the Orbit as a selfie remote. No need for a Selfie Stick.
- LAST KNOWN GPS LOCATION: Want to know the last time and place you had your wallet? Give your memory a break and let the app tell you if you left it somewhere, so you know where to look first.
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: No yearly subscriptions and no product wastage! No need to throw out your Orbit Card after the battery runs flat (battery life up of 3 months). The Orbit app will send you a notification that your battery is running low, and using the included charging cable recharge in a couple of hours
5. 4 Pack Smart Bluetooth Tracker & Bluetooth Key Finder – Key Locator Device with App,GPS Tracking Device for Kids Pets Keychain Wallet Luggage,APP
- ❀GPS tracker : Key finder uses BT 4.0 technology to connect Android, iOS, iPad and other smart phones. Show the lost car key, luggage, wallet, dogs, cats distance from you on the APP to let you find them accurately.
- ❀APP remotely control: Download free APP then pair it with your smart phone. When you press the remote button, the receiver sounds “beeps” you can hear voices from GPS tracker within 85 ft. 4 pack GPS tracker locator contains black, green, white, pink,white for kids, pets, phone.
- ❀Multi-function:Anti-lost alarm, GPS tracking device, remote control self-portrait. Works as a remote shutter for self-portrait, You can remote control the smart phone camera of your with press on the finder button.
- ❀Two-way notification:the 2-way key finder will lets you track lost items or be notified when they are out of range with a ring or flash.This feature can be turned off in the app
- ❀Location Record Locator- iFindU App has real time location map, and will record the last connected location to help you find it back. so you can open the map in the App to speculate approximate location of your missing items.
6. AMERICALOC GL300 GPS Tracker MXW
- GPS Tracker for vehicles, people, assets. New version of the famous GL300. 25 a month or even less. Americaloc will add 2 extra months to your first service purchase.
- This is the longest battery life version and the one that works on CAT M1 Technology. No activation or hidden fees. Ready to use. Longer battery life and improved coverage.
- Alerts: movement,parked, speeding, device on/off, low battery, entering or leaving zones, front button pressed.Battery life measured in days or even weeks, not in hours.
- Real Time Tracking and 1 year of tracking history. Track from any computer, tablet or phone or just download our Android or IOS app.
- 1 minute location updates while moving. Can be configured for location updates every 60, 30 or 10 seconds with no additional cost. It is the newest version with CAT M1 Technology.
7. Innway Card – Ultra Thin Rechargeable Bluetooth Tracker Finder. Find Your Wallet, Bag, Backpack, Keys, Laptop, Tablet (Black)
- THIN AND DURABLE – The Innway Card is 1.5 mm thin, making it easy to fit in your wallet, purse, or laptop and tablet case. Yet, it is thick enough to be durable.
- RING YOUR INNWAY – Use the Innway app to make your Innway Card ring when it is nearby but out of sight. Follow the ringing to find your tagged item.
- FIND YOUR PHONE – Press the Innway button on your Innway Card to make your phone ring when it is nearby but out of sight, even if the phone is on silent.
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY – Care for the environment by choosing a rechargeable tag. Charge your Innway Card for 2 hours and use it for 3 to 5 months.
- LAST SEEN LOCATION – The Innway app records the time and location your Innway Card disconnected from your phone. Navigate to the last seen location via the app to find your item.
8. Smart GPS Tracker 4 Pack, Key Finder Locator Wireless Anti Lost Alarm Sensor Device for Kids Dogs Car Keys Wallets Luggage, APP Control Compatible
- 【GPS Tracker】Show the lost car key, luggage, wallet, dogs, cats distance from you on the APP to let you find them accurately.The key finder is connected to the phone via Bluetooth and Nut App. It supports for iOS and Android phone.
- 【APP Remotely Control】Download free APP then pair it with your smart phone. When you press the remote button, the receiver sounds “beeps” you can hear voices from GPS tracker within 95 ft. for kids, pets, phone.
- 【Two-way Notification】 Attach this wireless tracker to anything we always forget key or wallet and keep track of them, the 2-way key finder will lets you track lost items or be notified when they are out of range with a ring or flash.
- 【Easy to carry】Smart GPS tracker is compact size, light weight and easy to carry like a key chain on your kids schoolbag or hang on pet collar, real-time viewing locator effectively avoids your kids, pets are lost. Provide a last seen pin-drop on map via APP to help you recover your items and search your car in parking site.
- 【Multi-function】Anti-lost alarm, GPS tracking device, remote control self-portrait. Works as a remote shutter for self-portrait, You can remote control the smart phone camera of your with press on the finder button.
9. Key Finder,4 Pack Bluetooth Tracker, Item Locator GPS Tracking Device APP Control Compatible iOS Android for Keys, Pets, Phone, Wallet, Handbag Chi
- 4 Key Finders：Our key finder is very convenient to carry. Available in 4 stylish colors.Phone,Key, Bag,Item, Umbrella,Pets Finder.It will alert you when you go out of range.Never be troubled by losing things and forgetting. Save your time and get your life organized.
- Easy to Use: Press the button for a few seconds.It will turn on after you hear two beeps. Then use cellphone’s Bluetooth to search and connect the device, if you lost your cellphone, double press the tracker button, your phone would alarm.One phone can collect up to several trackers.
- Positioning and tracking: The current position of the object can be checked on the mobile phone, and the last remaining position can be checked after disconnecting. (last lost location shows on the map, not GPS).
- Ultra-Long Battery Life:Replaceable CR2032 battery is can be used for up to a year, fully meet your daily needs, the battery is very easy to replace, with your fingernail you can gently open the shell.Easy to operate,you can easily replace it yourself.
- Perfect Gift: Portable design,will not increase your burden on any times. Also it can take awesome wide angle selfies from your front or rear facing cameras, Works as remote shutter for self-portrait capture the happiest moment easily.A must-have gift for the family.
10. Cube Key Finder Smart Tracker Bluetooth Tracker for Dogs, Kids, Cats, Luggage, Wallet, with app for Phone, Replaceable Battery Waterproof Tracking
- With Crowd Find Attach CUBE to anything and Let the Cube Community be your Search Party
- Taking family photos? Use CUBE as a shutter button for your phone camera
- Lost your Phone? Use your CUBE to locate your phone with ring, vibrate, and flash, even if the app is not running
- No need to replace CUBE each year. Just replace battery yourself once a year. Extra battery included
- Simple CUBE Tracker app will show last known location on a map, uses bluetooth to tell if you are near or far, press find and CUBE will ring. Also has a separation alarm to alert you if you left something behind.
5 Great Uses of a 3rd Generation Wireless Location Tracking System
GPS trackers are location-tracking devices that help you to keep track of your vehicles or valuable assets. They are inexpensive and easy to install, so it might seem like an easy decision. However, before you buy one, it is important to weigh the benefits against the downsides.
A GPS tracker is a device that can be installed onto any type of asset in order to monitor its geographic movements. This information can then be used for many purposes including security and tracking of valuable assets.
GPS trackers are often used by individuals who want to keep tabs on their car or other personal items but they are also frequently employed by businesses for various purposes including security monitoring and inventory management. For this article, we will be focusing on how GPS trackers can be used by businesses for tracking their valuable.
Some Disadvantages Using GPS Trackers
Although this may be true, there are some disadvantages to using GPS trackers. As previously stated, these devices can be expensive. Some may require subscription fees and monthly charges, which is another added cost.
Disadvantages of GPS trackers GPS devices use a satellite signal that is located above our planet. In order for the device to work, it has to be able to detect the signal, decode the data, and then make sense of the information.
GPS devices depend on four satellites to work, and there are a lot of things that could interfere with the signal, like buildings, trees, hills and mountains. So if you are driving through an urban area, or in a large city, then it might not be very easy to pinpoint the location of your car.
Also, some areas have lots of tall buildings and they may block out the signal from the satellites, especially at night. GPS devices don’t provide 100% accuracy. Some may show you a false location even when the device is working properly.
Why Having a Good GPS Tracker is Important?
Here are the five reasons why you should have a good GPS tracker for your daily life.
- GPS trackers are not as expensive as they used to be.
- They can be installed on a vehicle and still monitor the person who is driving it.
- They can also monitor where a person has gone, how long they were at that location, and what kind of activity they were doing at the location (i.e., if the person was outside for work or inside for personal use.)
- GPS trackers can also be used to monitor people’s movements after an accident or incident to find out where they may have been taken by an attacker or someone with bad intentions towards them.
- GPS trackers can be installed on children’s backpacks to ensure that the children are safe throughout their day and return home safely at night, even if there’s no.
There are a plethora of gps tracker for keys and wallet out there. Make sure you do your research before making a purchase, and always ask yourself what you need the tracker for. Remember, your needs may change over time so it’s best to buy something that is more flexible than something with one specific use case.