Keeping track of your cat’s location is one of the basic things you should do for them. It helps you to make sure that they are well taken care of and safe. However, what if you want to keep track of your cat’s activity? Well, if you thought that it might be too much work for you then think again because today we are going to give you an awesome app that can help with that.
With GPS Tracking cat Trackers, pet owners can track their pets anywhere in the world. They can even send the data via SMS. The report is also available on your smartphone so you can see how far away your cat is from you and what it’s doing.
There are different types of cat tracker on the market today, some of which are more effective than others. In this post we are gonna found how to find the the best gps pet tracker for cats and some of top notch products.
How to Choose the Best gps pet tracker for cats?
Now we will talk about the key features and considerations you should look
to have a GPS tracker and cat collars for your cats and pet in general.
Make sure you look into the size of your cat because you don’t want the tracking device to be too big for your cat to carry with them when they are outside.
As the name suggests, this is the most important part of the device because you will need the power to be able to use it. Look for one that can handle being used while your cat is outside and walking around in different environments.
Make sure that you are going to charge it every night before going to bed or else it could drain.
You will want to make sure that your cat is comfortable with having a camera around its neck so that you can take pictures of what your cat is up to and send those pictures via the app.
This is another important feature you should have if you are thinking about getting your own cat collar. You will want to make sure that it will last long and that your cat can carry on doing their activities in different environments without having to worry about charging.
You can always choose the cheaper option but make sure that it has everything that you want before choosing this. Overall, these are the key features you should consider when looking for the best GPS tracker and collars for cats.
You will also want to look into waterproofing because if you are going to be taking pictures of your cat from outside you will need to make sure that the device won’t get damaged in any way.
Ease of Use:
The best part about the best cat collars is that they are user-friendly so you don’t have to struggle with them. This is great if you are someone who is new to using tracking devices. Flexibility: It is also important to look at how flexible these devices are because you don’t want one that is not adjustable.
Another feature to look into is tracking because you need to make sure that it has the ability to track your cat wherever he goes and that it has the ability to show you where your cat is on a map.
You will want to make sure that there are different features in this so you can find something that meets all of your needs. You will want to be able to view the location of your cat, see what they are up to in different places, know if they are eating or drinking, etc.;
You will also want to be sure that this has geofencing because it allows you to set certain areas that your cat can’t go into. This feature is especially helpful for those who love to walk their cat because it will allow you to set a safe perimeter around the house and yard.
This will allow you to be more comfortable when walking your cat because you won’t have to worry about him running off or being away from you.
Best gps pet tracker for cats
We have created a list here of the best god collars and trackers.
1. Cat Tracker RF Finder Longest Range up to 1600 ft lightest pet Safety Tracking Device only 0.28oz Small Pets Dog Girafus Pro-Track-tor Pet Tracker
- CATS ARE NOT DOGS 🙂 They hide in so many places where GPS Trackers don’t work! GET PEACE OF MIND with the RF tracker of Girafus and FIND YOUR BELOVED PET WHEREVER HIDES
- Girafus Pro-track-tor WORKS IN and OUTDOORS You can find your furry friend even if is hiding in garages, cellars, neighbors house, and many other places! No GPS or Phone connection needed
- NO MONTHLY FEE-as For The Gps Trackers! No APP neded! THE RANGE- Up To 500 Metres /1600 Feet (clear Line Of Sight!) Most Of the other Trackers Have A Range of less than 150m/500feet
- BATTERY LIFETIME-IMPROVED! UP TO 30 DAYS NOW – with the included Rechargeable Batteries and charger. LIGHTWEIGHT PET MODULE only 28oz with battery!
- UP TO 4 PETS-choose the Tag quantity you need. WHAT YOU GET: One Base Unit, Tag Unit (1,2,3 or 4 Tags), Batteries: AAA, LIR2032, CHARGER, Velcro strap, Strap, Hook, SILICON SLEEVE-SPLASHPROOF CASE, User Manual
- Attention! Batteries are fully charged if the Charger Led is out! -Please check charger user manual!
2. Jiobit (2021) – Smallest Real-Time GPS Location Tracker for Personal Safety | Kids, Pets, Elderly, Adults | Tiny, Waterproof, Durable, Encrypted |
- REQUIRES A SUBSCRIPTION PLAN: Jiobit requires a data plan to track location. Your monthly plan is selected during activation in the free Jiobit app available for Android & iOS. No separate cellular contract is needed.
- The first-of-its-kind Jiobit TrustChip delivers unmatched security and encryption, meeting or exceeding US-government standards. It’s a caregiver’s dream and hacker’s worst nightmare.
- Small, lightweight, and durable design allows you to discreetly clip onto clothing or shoes for a simple wearable GPS tracker. Jiobit is an excellent option for yourself, your child, your pet, or your parent (seniors) – especially those with sensory sensitivities.
- Track at any distance – even indoors. Not only will you know WHERE your child is, but WHO they’re with. Departure and arrival notifications to-and-from home, school, work, or other trusted locations to allow caregivers to track loved ones from anywhere at any time.
- Jiobit is proud to be a U.S. company with 100% U.S.-based support out of our headquarters in Chicago.
3. PETFON Pet GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee, Real-Time Tracking Collar Device, APP Control For Dogs And Pets Activity Monitor
- 🐕NO MONTHLY FEE, ANTI-LOST RADAR SERCHING: Petfon GPS tracker is free of any service fee or monthly fee.The small, durable, and rainproof device allows you to track your pet’s activity and pinpoint his/her location in real time. Petfon GPS tracker combines GPS, WiFi, bluetooth, and long distance wireless technologies for accurate real-time positioning.The unique Rada serching feature can help you find the direction of the lost dogs.
- 🐕REAL-TIME & LONG DISTANCE TRACKING: Petfon GPS Tracker is easy to install and use. Just download the Petfon app and follow the instructions. With the app, you can view your pet’s activities and pinpoint his location at any time. The tracking ranges can be up to 0.65 miles in downtown/dense space and 3.5 miles in an open environment. But it will be effected by surarroundings.
- 🐕GEOFENCING,MULTICOLOR ALERT,CUSTOMIZABLE VOICE COMMAND: With Petfon GPS tracker you can define a safe area around your pet’s location and get notified instantly if your pet leaves that area. You can also activate the colorful lights on the GPS tracker to locate your pet more easily in dim light or at night time. Voice commands can be recorded and stored on the tracker to communicate with your pets remotely.
- 🐕LONG STANDBY BATTERY,LIGHT WEIGHT & RAINPROOF: The Petfon GPS tracker is small and durable (42mm*42mm*18mm, Weight: 27.6g). The rainproof feature enables it to work in wet weather but do not working for swimming. Petfon GPS Tracker’s battery can last up to 8-16 hours and comes with a compact charging station. It can recharge the device multiple times, which is perfect for going off the grid.
- 🐕Different from Petfon1, Petfon2 is blue rather than grey, and it is sturdier and more dirt resistant. Petfon2 firmware and software have been optimized so it is more sensitive & stable. The tracking distance is 15% further and the initial positioning time is 10 seconds shorter than Petfon1, which makes the tracking quicker and more accurate.
4. Cube Key Finder Smart Tracker Bluetooth Tracker for Dogs, Kids, Cats, Luggage, Wallet, with app for Phone, Replaceable Battery Waterproof Tracking
- With Crowd Find Attach CUBE to anything and Let the Cube Community be your Search Party
- Taking family photos? Use CUBE as a shutter button for your phone camera
- Lost your Phone? Use your CUBE to locate your phone with ring, vibrate, and flash, even if the app is not running
- No need to replace CUBE each year. Just replace battery yourself once a year. Extra battery included
- Simple CUBE Tracker app will show last known location on a map, uses bluetooth to tell if you are near or far, press find and CUBE will ring. Also has a separation alarm to alert you if you left something behind.
5. CAT TAILER The Small and Light Bluetooth Waterproof Cat Tracker with 328 ft Range and 6 Month Battery Life | NOT a GPS Locator
- SMALL AND LIGHT WEIGHT PET TRACKING DEVICE: Our Cat Tailers are incredibly small. Your pet won’t even notice they’re wearing it! Our stylish yet functional device will provide you with the peace of mind you need for your pet’s location.
- LONG RANGE BLUETOOTH TRACKING DEVICE: The Cat Tailer ranges up to 328 feet under line of sight conditions working indoors and outdoors. Please note: ALL wireless devices have their range impacted by the environment, car, trees, houses, hills, even WiFi activity and which way you or your pet are facing will reduce this range considerably.
- NOT A GPS LOCATOR: Our Cat Tailer pet tracking device DOES NOT USE GPS. We operate solely on a bluetooth signal. You will notice your distance ranges depending on your visibilty. Remember playing hot and cold as a child? It is very similar to that game! We do not utilize an exact map location, but rather an approximate distance provided in feet between you and your pet.
- SILICONE SLEEVE REPLACEMENTS NOW AVAILABLE: Did you already purchase a Cat Tailer and are now looking for a replacement for your silicone sleeve? Well we finally listed a two pack of sleeve replacements which should last your pet two years! Just type ‘Cat Tailer Silicone Sleeve Replacement’ into your search bar to find it. You can also click into our Cat Tailer storefront to easily access the listing.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: At Cat Tailer, we have a passion for keeping humans and their furry friends together. If you are having any trouble getting your device set up or working properly, please contact Cat Tailer Support directly and we will assist you one-on-one to make sure you are getting the most out of your tracker before making a return. We offer a FREE ONE YEAR WARRANTY with your purchase. There is no need is purchase any additional protection plan.
6. PetFon Pet GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee, Real-Time Tracking Collar Device, APP Control For Dogs And Pets Activity Monitor(Only For Dog)
- 🐕NO MONTHLY FEE, ANTI-LOST RADAR SERCHING: Petfon GPS tracker is free of any service fee.The small, durable, and rainproof device allows you to track your pet’s activity and pinpoint his/her location in real time. Petfon GPS tracker combines GPS, WiFi, bluetooth, and long distance wireless technologies.The unique Radar serching feature can help you find the direction of the lost dogs.
- 🐕REAL-TIME & LONG DISTANCE TRACKING: Petfon GPS Tracker will update you the loation of your pets every 10seconds during blutooth mode, and every 20 seconds(more choice can be choosed) during LoRa mode. Be the quickest in GPS tracking market. The tracking ranges can be 0.65 to 3.5 miles.
- 🐕4 MODE FENCES: With Petfon GPS tracker you can define a Safe Fence/Danger Fence around your pet’s location and get notified instantly if your pet leaves/gets in that area. You can also set up your family Wi-Fi as the fence boundary,which will be more accurate. And the Blutooth lense is specical for walking or hiking outdoor with your pets,give them freedom to run.
- 🐕LIGHT WEIGHT,MULTICOLOR ALERT,CUSTOMIZABLE VRINGTONG:The Petfon GPS tracker is small and durable (42mm*42mm*18mm, Weight: 27.6g).You can also activate the colorful lights(11 Led lights choice) on the PETFON GPS tracker to locate your pet more easily in dim light or at night time. Voice commands can be recorded and stored on the tracker to communicate with your pets remotely.
- 🐕LONG STANDBY BATTERY and RAINPROOF: The rainproof feature enables it to work in wet weather but do not working for swimming. Petfon GPS Tracker’s battery can last up to 8-16 hours and comes with a compact charging station. It can recharge the device multiple times, which is perfect for going off the grid.
7. Zeerkeers Dog GPS Tracker, Real-time Pet GPS Tracker Activity Monitor with SOS Alarm, Waterproof Tracking Collar for Dogs, and Cats, APP Control
- ★【Multi-Function】: Access the location of pet tracker via the free APP or Website and monitor its location, movement, speed, route history and much more.
- ★【Real-time Tracking】: It can not only real-time track the position of the dog tracker, but also can track the position of the smart phone.
- ★【Geo-Fence】: Setting up your “Safe zone” enables you to protect your pet with a virtual fence that sends you an escape alert when they run away.
- ★【The 2nd Generation】: Compared with our old one, this GPS collar it’s smaller. The size is 2.44″x1.18″x0.71″, and the weight is only 30g. Ideal for little puppies.
- ★【Warm Tip】: Our pet finder works with a 2G SIM card for 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz, please buy a 2G SIM card for it. In the US, We recommend: SpeedTalk/T-mobile.
8. 4 Pack Smart Key Finder Locator, GPS Tracking Device for Kids Pets Keychain Wallet Luggage Anti-Lost Tag Alarm Reminder Selfie Shutter APP Control
- 🎁【EASY,QUICKLY TO LOCATE】 – Can’t find your lost items? Just press the button and follow the beeps! locating any items like keys, wallet, TV remote control, keychain, glasses,dog collars or other things that are easy lost through the provided keyrings.
- 🎁【LOUD ENOUGH AND LONG DISTANCE RANGE】 – The sound is 80-95 dB, loud enough to hear from the upstairs level, behind a pillow, in a coat pocket, etc. Easily penetrates through walls, cushions, and doors to find the key. Perfect working Range.
- 🎁【ULTRA-LONG BATTERY LIFE】 – Replaceable CR2032 battery is guaranteed for one year from activation; You can easily replace it yourself.
- 🎁【AGREAT GIFT】 – When you’re scrambling to find your things, this key finder set is the ideal thing you need. No matter use it yourself or send it to your aging parents or forgetful friends, it will definitely make them delightful.
- 🎁【LIFETIME WARRANTY】 – Your purchase is 100% guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the key finder, you could contact us for a refund or replacement anytime.
9. Eureka Technology MARCOPOLO Advanced Pet Monitoring, Tracking and Locating System (for Dogs and Cats 5 lb and Larger)
- Works anywhere, totally self-contained, no GPS or cell network required, no monthly service contracts, ideal for traveling with your pets
- Simple to setup and use, single button-push to begin searching for lost pets with real-time distance and direction feedback
- Includes everything needed for 1-pet, may be expanded to handle up to three pets with purchase of additional tracking tags (sold separately)
- Tracking Tags are designed for prolonged swimming, are light enough for cats and rugged enough for the most active dogs
- Rechargeable battery on pet’s collar lasts up to 6 weeks while being continuously monitored
10. FitBark GPS Dog Tracker | Health & Location Pet Tracking Smart Collar Device | Small (17 g) & Waterproof | 4G LTE-M Real-Time US Verizon Coverage
- 🌎 SAFETY. Designed for dog parents who worry about losing track of their pups. Get escape alerts & Find your pet in minutes. Requires Wi-Fi, Verizon LTE-M coverage in your area, and in-app subscription from $5.95/mo. 30-Day Money Back on all plans.
- 🐾 HEALTH. Monitor activity, sleep quality, distance, calorie balance, anxiety, skin conditions and overall health & behavior 24/7. Set ideal goals vs. breed, age & weight peers. Add multiple dogs and owners in our apps. iOS 12+ or Android 6+ required.
- 🦴 COMFORT. Lightweight (17 g). Fits 5 lb and 240 lb dogs and most collars up to 1.5” wide. Tough, rugged & waterproof. Battery typically lasts 10-20 days depending on Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & Verizon availability. Software experience not optimized for cats.
- 🏃♀️ MOTIVATION. Optionally link your Fitbit, Apple Watch, Apple HealthKit or Google Fit wearable device or smartphone, compare stats side by side and start building healthy & safe habits together. Fitbit Clock Face available on the Fitbit Gallery.
- 🎓 SCIENCE. Trusted by 100+ veterinary schools & research institutions that strive to advance science, including the University of Cambridge and the Mayo Clinic. Join users from 140+ countries in advocating for safer and better informed dog parenting.
How does a GPS cat tracker work?
They use an antenna and GPS receiver that sends a signal to the receiver. This receiver then decodes the signals, turns them into digital data, and transmits them to the computer. From there, it can be uploaded to a site like Google Earth.
This allows you to see where your cat has been on a map and you can find out where they are at in real-time. This can also be used to track your cat if you want to see how fast they are moving or how much distance they have traveled.
Is a GPS tracker safe for cats?
In fact, GPS tracking devices are very safe and have many benefits for the health and safety of your cat. They only send signals through the air and do not need to touch your cat.
They can even be used on small cats, and the receiver is battery-operated so your cat can stay close to you all day without having to be tethered to you.
How far can I track my cat with a GPS tracker?
They have a range that will vary based on the brand and model that you buy.
With the Garmin range, you can track your cat up to 10 miles away. The accuracy of the system also depends on the amount of space that the device has to work with.
It is most accurate in large areas, but it can be less accurate when your cat is in a smaller space such as a small yard or a basement. Do I need to worry about interference?
There are two types of interference that a GPS tracker can experience. They can either experience interference from outside sources or from internal sources.
Is GPS collar worth it?
In addition to GPS tracking, GPS collars are also used for other purposes.
These may include: Tracking pets Identifying your pet’s location Tracking animals for hunting or fishing Finding lost pets.
How much do they cost?
The prices for GPS tracking devices vary widely and you will be able to find something that works for you and your budget. The price is mostly based on how many features you want. They typically cost anywhere from $30 to-100, depending on the brand and model. The higher the price, the more functions that are included.
A gps pet tracker for cats is a great way to track your cat without having to leave him alone. It will allow you to check on him when he is away from you. You will be able to see if he left the yard or he was in the house all day.