Keeping track of your dog’s location is one of the basic things you should do for them. It helps you to make sure that they are well taken care of and safe. However, what if you want to keep track of your dog’s activity? Well, if you thought that it might be too much work for you then think again because today we are going to give you an awesome app that can help with that.
With GPS Tracking Dog Trackers, pet owners can track their pets anywhere in the world. They can even send the data via SMS. The report is also available on your smartphone so you can see how far away your dog is from you and what it’s doing.
There are different types of dog tracker on the market today, some of which are more effective than others. In this post we are gonna found how to find the the best gps collar for bird dogs and some of top notch products.
How to Choose the Best gps collar for bird dogs?
Now we will talk about the key features and considerations you should look
to have a GPS tracker and dog collars for your dogs and pet in general.
Make sure you look into the size of your dog because you don’t want the tracking device to be too big for your dog to carry with them when they are outside.
As the name suggests, this is the most important part of the device because you will need the power to be able to use it. Look for one that can handle being used while your dog is outside and walking around in different environments.
Make sure that you are going to charge it every night before going to bed or else it could drain.
You will want to make sure that your dog is comfortable with having a camera around its neck so that you can take pictures of what your dog is up to and send those pictures via the app.
This is another important feature you should have if you are thinking about getting your own dog collar. You will want to make sure that it will last long and that your dog can carry on doing their activities in different environments without having to worry about charging.
You can always choose the cheaper option but make sure that it has everything that you want before choosing this. Overall, these are the key features you should consider when looking for the best GPS tracker and collars for dogs.
You will also want to look into waterproofing because if you are going to be taking pictures of your dog from outside you will need to make sure that the device won’t get damaged in any way.
Ease of Use:
The best part about the best dog collars is that they are user-friendly so you don’t have to struggle with them. This is great if you are someone who is new to using tracking devices. Flexibility: It is also important to look at how flexible these devices are because you don’t want one that is not adjustable.
Another feature to look into is tracking because you need to make sure that it has the ability to track your dog wherever he goes and that it has the ability to show you where your dog is on a map.
You will want to make sure that there are different features in this so you can find something that meets all of your needs. You will want to be able to view the location of your dog, see what they are up to in different places, know if they are eating or drinking, etc.;
You will also want to be sure that this has geofencing because it allows you to set certain areas that your dog can’t go into. This feature is especially helpful for those who love to walk their dog because it will allow you to set a safe perimeter around the house and yard.
This will allow you to be more comfortable when walking your dog because you won’t have to worry about him running off or being away from you.
Best gps collar for bird dogs
We have created a list here of the best god collars and trackers.
1. PetSpy M686 Premium Dog Training Shock Collar for Dogs with Vibration, Shock and Beep, Rechargeable and Waterproof E-Collar Remote Trainer
- Good for professional trainers and first-time dog parents
- 4 training modes – continuous shock, 1 sec shock, vibration, and beep trainer with 8 adjustable levels
- Remote collar range is up to 1100 yards, good for all dog breeds from 10-140 lbs
- Blind operation design for easy and effective dog training without even looking at remote
- Waterproof collar with IP67 protection level
2. SportDOG Brand SportTrainer Remote Trainers – Bright, Easy to Read OLED Screen – Waterproof, Rechargeable Dog Training Collar with Tone, Vibration,
- 1/2 MILE RANGE: Designed for field training and hunting with close-working dogs. Train up to 3 dogs with the same handheld remote with purchase of additional Add-A-Dog Collars (SDR-AXF). For dogs 8 pounds or larger with neck sizes 5″-22″.
- OLED SCREEN: Easy-to-read screen means you can view the selected dog, static stimulation level, and battery status with just a glance.
- 10 LEVELS OF STIMULATION: 10 levels of both continuous and momentary static stimulation, as well as vibration (buzz) and tone (beep) options allow you to customize this system.
- WATERPROOF: Submersible to 25 feet using DryTek technology.
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: Lithium-ion batteries charge in 2 hours. Battery lasts 50-70 hours per charge. System has low battery indicators.
- INCLUDES: Remote Transmitter with Removable Antenna, Receiver on a 3/4″ Collar Strap, Power Adaptor, Standard Contact Points, Long Contact Points, Test Light Tool, Lanyard & Quick Start Guide.
3. PATPET Dog Training Collar with Remote Rechargeable Waterproof Shock Collar for Dogs 3 Training Modes, Beep Vibration and Shock, Up to 1000Ft Remot
- 3 Training Modes
- Waterproof Receiver
- Rechargeable Battery
- Remote Control
- Nylon Belt
4. Tile Pro (2020) 1-pack – High Performance Bluetooth Tracker, Keys Finder and Item Locator for Keys, Bags, and More; 400 ft Range, Water Resistance
- FIND KEYS, BAGS & MORE — Directly attach the powerful Pro to keys, backpacks, purses or anything else you need to keep track of regularly and use our free app on iOS or Android to find them.
- FIND NEARBY — Use the Tile app to ring your Pro when it’s within 400 ft. or ask your Smart Home device to find it for you. Tile works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Xfinity, and Siri.
- FIND FAR AWAY — When outside of Bluetooth range, use the Tile app to view your Tile’s most recent location or enlist the secure and anonymous help of the Tile Network to aid in your search.
- FIND YOUR PHONE — Use your Tile to find your phone, even when it’s on silent.
- UPGRADE YOUR FINDING EXPERIENCE — Subscribe to Premium or Premium Protect for proactive finding features and enhanced services including Item Reimbursement, Smart Alerts, and Free Battery Replacement.
5. My Pet Command 1.25 Mile (6600 Ft) Dog Training Collar Safe Dog Shock Collar with Remote Shock, Vibrate, Tone and Flashing Beacon Lights Waterproof
- LONG range and Long Battery LIFE. The My Pet Command high quality training Kit can be used remotely, using the comfortable handheld remote to assist in everyday training. With a range of up to 1.25 Miles (6600Ft /2km) in open terrain, allows you to train your dog to heel, stay, or return making it as simple as pressing a button with Long Battery Life
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE TRAINING shock collar for UPTO 3 DOGS WITH THE 1 REMOTE. fully safe to work on any dog , making absolutely sure that your dog won’t be harmed. Select up to 10 levels of Electrostatic Shock and vibration levels and additional audible tone to suit your specific dogs and Breed Types. Use the Plastic Prongs to turn the collar into no SHOCK function and Pair up to 3 Collars to the 1 Remote for Multi-dog Training and Dog Hunting. Collar fits Neck sizes of 8.2-26.5” (21-68cm)
- BRIGHT BEACON FLASHING NIGHT LIGHTS. Turn on the Beacon Flashing Night Lights from your remote to see and keep track of your Dogs in the dark up to 328 Yards (300m) Away, meaning that you are always keeping visible touch with your dog
- IPX7 WATERPROOF COLLARS Not only are our collars and remotes highly durable, they are also Fully Waterproof. Taking your dog to the beach or lake is never a worry with the My Pet Command Dual training collar. Your dog can safely swim and play in the water up to 3.28 feet (1 metre) in depth all day long! The Remote Control is also waterproof and can withstand outdoor weather conditions and rain etc. allowing you to train your dog in every weather condition!
- Includes (1 )Collar with LED Night Beacon Flashing Lights (1) remote (1) USB Power Adaptor with USA Plug, Dual Charging USB Cable (4) pairs of 0.8” (2cm) 0.6” (1.5cm), & 0.4”(1cm) metal prongs each and a pair of Plastic prongs with collar Spanner tool. (1) Test Bulb and Lanyard Remote Strap. Free Bonus Ultrasonic Dog Training whistle. To buy extra collars Search on Amazon:- My Pet Command extra collar
6. Dogtra Pathfinder Dog Remote Training and GPS Tracking Collar – 9 Mile Range, Sports Upland Hunting, Waterproof Receiver, Rechargeable, Static, Aud
- This WaterProof GPS training collar is perfect for dogs over 35 pounds with neck sizes 10 – 26 inches. Your smart cell phone (not included) and free Dogtra Pathfinder app are required to use this system. GPS and e-collar technology all in one. The GPS function works without using cellular data but requires a cell phone (not included). Smartphone must be connected to the Pathfinder App offline map mode. Expendable up to 21 dogs with additional collars (sold separately).
- Product Features: Great visibility in the brush with full bright orange color. Up to 9-mile range, fully waterproof ergonomic remote and ecollar, 100 levels of stimulation ranging from low to high, Momentary Nick, Constant Stimulation, and Non-Stimulating Audible Tone modes. Dogtra’s industry-leading technology filtering system ensures minimal interference with other electronic devices. This device is a great choice for long range upland hunting.
- Advanced Features: Dogtra’s Pathfinder dog training collar unit gives you an ability to track up to 21 dogs as well as other sport hunters, create custom Geo Fence, always have precise and up-to-date terrain maps, 3.5-hour rapid charge batteries, extendable enhanced contact points, refresh rate of 2 seconds and compatibility with mobile Google Maps.
- Customer Service Based in the USA: The quality of the GPS dog collar is unmatched in comparison to the cheaper alternatives. Dogtra Collars are helping owners to train and modify dog behavior. The advanced performance of the collar is perfectly matched with the reliable USA based customer service that can be reached by either a phone or an email.
- Positive Reinforcement: By using the PetsTEK training clicker along with your dog’s favorite treats, you can train your pet to follow your commands to become a well-behaved pooch. Please note that this collar should not be used with aggressive dogs.
7. Patroaint Dog Training Collar with Three Training Modes, Waterproof Training Collar, Long Range up to 2600Ft
- ➤【3 training modes】provides 3 humanized training modes，Buzzer, vibration, shock training mode, which can be switched freely
- ➤【Remote remote control】The remote control range of this dog training collar up to2600ft (875 yards), Special built-in LED light on the receiver helps you tolocate your dog even in a dark environment
- ➤【Humanized training collar】Retractable and durable nylon rope collar, suitable for dogs from 8 to 250 pounds
- ➤【Waterproof dog trainingcollar】The receiver of collar is IP65 waterproof, your dog canswim or bath freely with the collar on. The collar can be adjusted from 7 to25.6 inch. This dog training collar is recommended for medium and large dogs
- ➤【Free gift-Adjustable Frequency Whistle】 This dog whistle can be adjustable tomultiple frequencies which can easily train your dog unlimited commands, rotatethe adjustable nut to find a suitable pitch frequency for your puppy
8. PETFON Pet GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee, Real-Time Tracking Collar Device, APP Control For Dogs And Pets Activity Monitor
- 🐕NO MONTHLY FEE, ANTI-LOST RADAR SERCHING: Petfon GPS tracker is free of any service fee or monthly fee.The small, durable, and rainproof device allows you to track your pet’s activity and pinpoint his/her location in real time. Petfon GPS tracker combines GPS, WiFi, bluetooth, and long distance wireless technologies for accurate real-time positioning.The unique Rada serching feature can help you find the direction of the lost dogs.
- 🐕REAL-TIME & LONG DISTANCE TRACKING: Petfon GPS Tracker is easy to install and use. Just download the Petfon app and follow the instructions. With the app, you can view your pet’s activities and pinpoint his location at any time. The tracking ranges can be up to 0.65 miles in downtown/dense space and 3.5 miles in an open environment. But it will be effected by surarroundings.
- 🐕GEOFENCING,MULTICOLOR ALERT,CUSTOMIZABLE VOICE COMMAND: With Petfon GPS tracker you can define a safe area around your pet’s location and get notified instantly if your pet leaves that area. You can also activate the colorful lights on the GPS tracker to locate your pet more easily in dim light or at night time. Voice commands can be recorded and stored on the tracker to communicate with your pets remotely.
- 🐕LONG STANDBY BATTERY,LIGHT WEIGHT & RAINPROOF: The Petfon GPS tracker is small and durable (42mm*42mm*18mm, Weight: 27.6g). The rainproof feature enables it to work in wet weather but do not working for swimming. Petfon GPS Tracker’s battery can last up to 8-16 hours and comes with a compact charging station. It can recharge the device multiple times, which is perfect for going off the grid.
- 🐕Different from Petfon1, Petfon2 is blue rather than grey, and it is sturdier and more dirt resistant. Petfon2 firmware and software have been optimized so it is more sensitive & stable. The tracking distance is 15% further and the initial positioning time is 10 seconds shorter than Petfon1, which makes the tracking quicker and more accurate.
9. Dogtra Pathfinder TRX 9-Mile 21-Dog Expandable Waterproof Smartphone GPS-Only Tracking Collar with 2-Second Update Rate, No Subscription Fee, Free
- 9-MILE RANGE: This PATHFINDER is built with a GPS e-collar and can be used concurrently with Google Maps in normal, terrain, and satellite view mode. It also has a range of nine miles, a tracking mode, and a two-second GPS update rate. A variety of map options, such as Offline Maps mode, are used to track your dog. The Offline Maps mode is completely free to download, has no hidden or extra fees, and can be downloaded via the PATHFINDER app.
- NO CORRECTION: Dogtra’s PATHFINDER TRX tracking collar does not come with any correction and provides easy location sharing for dogs and dog owners. It’s fully waterproof and the most accurate and responsive way to track your dog without using any correction reinforcement training.
- UKC, AKC, and PKC APPROVED: This tracking collar is perfect for any working, hunting, or competitive situations and is approved for UKC, AKC, and PKC events, because there is no correction output on this GPS-only tracking collar.
- TRACKING: The PATHFINDER TRX provides a fast, industry-leading two-second update rate and powerful zoom capability which provides greater live-action detail and accuracy in the field via the PATHFINDER app. Create customizable Geo-Fence alerts, use the Offline Maps mode, and more with this essential tracking collar
- DOG SIZING: This tracking collar is perfect for dogs that are 35 lbs. or more. With the ability to expand to 21 dogs, you’ll be able to track multiple dogs at once while out on the hunt.
10. Whistle GO Explore – Ultimate Health & Location Tracker for Pets – Waterproof GPS Pet Tracker, Built-in Night Light, 20 Day Battery, Pet Fitness T
- Subscription required. Covers connection to AT&T 4G LTE-M network for GPS location in the US. Yearly $8.25/mo. 30-Day Free Trial.
- Location Tracking. Set up alerts and quickly locate your pet, whether they’ve made a sneaky escape, or are 3,000 miles away. Receive notifications if your pet’s location leaves a designated safe area. Using AT&T nationwide network and Google maps, this collar can track your dog’s location with 15 second updates. Requires Wi-Fi connection.
- Health, Nutrition, & Activity Tracking. Monitor activity levels, calories, distance, and activity, along with behaviors like licking, scratching, and sleeping to keep an eye on potential health problems. Get recommendations on food portions based on activity levels, breed, age, and weight. Email a 30-day report to your vet.
- 20 – Day Battery, Built – In Night Light. Use the app to choose between 3 safety night light settings, slow flash, fast flash or always on. The long-lasting battery goes up to 20 days on a single charge for your greatest adventures.
- Chat With A Vet. Your Whistle subscription gives you access to on-demand veterinary help through chat, phone or email––right from the Whistle app. Powered by the VETINSIGHT team of licensed veterinary professionals, you’ll get expert advice and guidance from the comfort of your home.
How does a GPS dog tracker work?
They use an antenna and GPS receiver that sends a signal to the receiver. This receiver then decodes the signals, turns them into digital data, and transmits them to the computer. From there, it can be uploaded to a site like Google Earth.
This allows you to see where your dog has been on a map and you can find out where they are at in real-time. This can also be used to track your dog if you want to see how fast they are moving or how much distance they have traveled.
Is a GPS tracker safe for dogs?
In fact, GPS tracking devices are very safe and have many benefits for the health and safety of your dog. They only send signals through the air and do not need to touch your dog.
They can even be used on small dogs, and the receiver is battery-operated so your dog can stay close to you all day without having to be tethered to you.
How far can I track my dog with a GPS tracker?
They have a range that will vary based on the brand and model that you buy.
With the Garmin range, you can track your dog up to 10 miles away. The accuracy of the system also depends on the amount of space that the device has to work with.
It is most accurate in large areas, but it can be less accurate when your dog is in a smaller space such as a small yard or a basement. Do I need to worry about interference?
There are two types of interference that a GPS tracker can experience. They can either experience interference from outside sources or from internal sources.
Is GPS collar worth it?
In addition to GPS tracking, GPS collars are also used for other purposes.
These may include: Tracking pets Identifying your pet’s location Tracking animals for hunting or fishing Finding lost pets.
How much do they cost?
The prices for GPS tracking devices vary widely and you will be able to find something that works for you and your budget. The price is mostly based on how many features you want. They typically cost anywhere from $30 to-100, depending on the brand and model. The higher the price, the more functions that are included.
A gps collar for bird dogs is a great way to track your dog without having to leave him alone. It will allow you to check on him when he is away from you. You will be able to see if he left the yard or he was in the house all day.