Keeping track of your dog’s location is one of the basic things you should do for them. It helps you to make sure that they are well taken care of and safe. However, what if you want to keep track of your dog’s activity? Well, if you thought that it might be too much work for you then think again because today we are going to give you an awesome app that can help with that.
With GPS Tracking Dog Trackers, pet owners can track their pets anywhere in the world. They can even send the data via SMS. The report is also available on your smartphone so you can see how far away your dog is from you and what it’s doing.
There are different types of dog tracker on the market today, some of which are more effective than others. In this post we are gonna found how to find the the best dog gps tracker dog tag and some of top notch products.
How to Choose the Best dog gps tracker dog tag?
Now we will talk about the key features and considerations you should look
to have a GPS tracker and dog collars for your dogs and pet in general.
Make sure you look into the size of your dog because you don’t want the tracking device to be too big for your dog to carry with them when they are outside.
As the name suggests, this is the most important part of the device because you will need the power to be able to use it. Look for one that can handle being used while your dog is outside and walking around in different environments.
Make sure that you are going to charge it every night before going to bed or else it could drain.
You will want to make sure that your dog is comfortable with having a camera around its neck so that you can take pictures of what your dog is up to and send those pictures via the app.
This is another important feature you should have if you are thinking about getting your own dog collar. You will want to make sure that it will last long and that your dog can carry on doing their activities in different environments without having to worry about charging.
You can always choose the cheaper option but make sure that it has everything that you want before choosing this. Overall, these are the key features you should consider when looking for the best GPS tracker and collars for dogs.
You will also want to look into waterproofing because if you are going to be taking pictures of your dog from outside you will need to make sure that the device won’t get damaged in any way.
Ease of Use:
The best part about the best dog collars is that they are user-friendly so you don’t have to struggle with them. This is great if you are someone who is new to using tracking devices. Flexibility: It is also important to look at how flexible these devices are because you don’t want one that is not adjustable.
Another feature to look into is tracking because you need to make sure that it has the ability to track your dog wherever he goes and that it has the ability to show you where your dog is on a map.
You will want to make sure that there are different features in this so you can find something that meets all of your needs. You will want to be able to view the location of your dog, see what they are up to in different places, know if they are eating or drinking, etc.;
You will also want to be sure that this has geofencing because it allows you to set certain areas that your dog can’t go into. This feature is especially helpful for those who love to walk their dog because it will allow you to set a safe perimeter around the house and yard.
This will allow you to be more comfortable when walking your dog because you won’t have to worry about him running off or being away from you.
Best dog gps tracker dog tag
We have created a list here of the best god collars and trackers.
1. Tractive Waterproof GPS Dog Tacker – Location & Activity, Unlimited Range & Works with Any Collar (White – Newest Model)
- LIVE TRACKING & LOCATION HISTORY – Follow your furry friend’s every step in real-time on your phone. See where your dog has been and what they’ve been up to.
- VIRTUAL FENCE – Mark safe spaces, like your garden, and know the moment your dog leaves one – and when they come back safely.
- ALL-DAY ACTIVITY MONITORING – Track active time, rest and calories burned. Set fitness goals. Keep your buddy in great shape with Tractive GPS for dogs.
- SMALL, LIGHTWEIGHT & 100% WATERPROOF – Running through the forest, rolling in the mud or a dip in the lake are no problem for Tractive.
- WORLDWIDE LOCATION TRACKING – Use your GPS tracker for dogs throughout the USA, Canada and 150 other countries. Manage all features via the free Tractive GPS app for iOS and Android or in any browser.
- SUBSCRIPTION PLAN NEEDED – Monthly, 1 year, 2 year and 5 year plans available starting at $4.99 per month.
2. Tile Pro (2020) 1-pack – High Performance Bluetooth Tracker, Keys Finder and Item Locator for Keys, Bags, and More; 400 ft Range, Water Resistance
- FIND KEYS, BAGS & MORE — Directly attach the powerful Pro to keys, backpacks, purses or anything else you need to keep track of regularly and use our free app on iOS or Android to find them.
- FIND NEARBY — Use the Tile app to ring your Pro when it’s within 400 ft. or ask your Smart Home device to find it for you. Tile works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Xfinity, and Siri.
- FIND FAR AWAY — When outside of Bluetooth range, use the Tile app to view your Tile’s most recent location or enlist the secure and anonymous help of the Tile Network to aid in your search.
- FIND YOUR PHONE — Use your Tile to find your phone, even when it’s on silent.
- UPGRADE YOUR FINDING EXPERIENCE — Subscribe to Premium or Premium Protect for proactive finding features and enhanced services including Item Reimbursement, Smart Alerts, and Free Battery Replacement.
3. Compatible with AirTag Holder, 6 Pack for AirTag Case Dog Collar Holder Pet GPS Tracker Tags Collar, Silicone Air Tags Dog Cat Collar Air Tag Acces
- Compatible for Air Tag: The dog air tag holder is compatible for AirTag (2021), precise size hole and easy to install, and not easy to lose.6 packs, much quantities, bright colors.
- High-Quality Material: The air tag accessories is made of high-quality silicone, sweat-proof, non-toxic, scratch-resistant, waterproof. Easy to pull, suitable for most air tags dog collar.
- Novel Design: Air tag protective case have 2 rings, which can be fixed on the pet dog cat collar and won’t shake. Other dog tag holders only have one ring. When the pet is mobile, the air tag case will swing from side to side.
- Pet Tracker Collar: The air tag holder compatible for AirTag can prevent your pet from getting lost, safety anti-lost and you can locate the specific location of your pet at any time.
- Wide Application: Air tags holder has a wide application, not only for pets, but also for children and the elderly to prevent loss. It can be installed on the schoolbag belt to prevent accidental loss of children and the elderly.
4. 4 Pack Smart GPS Tracker Key Finder Locator Wireless Anti Lost Alarm Sensor Device for Kids Dogs Car Wallet Pets Cats Motorcycles Luggage Smart Pho
- Smart Key Finder: Camlinbo key finder uses BT 4.0 technology to connect IOS 8.0 or above and Andrioid 4.3 or above smart phones. Show the lost car key, luggage, wallet, dogs, cats distance from you on the APP to let you find them accurately.
- APP Remote Control: Download the APP “Dycoo TrackerPA” then pair it with your smart phone. When you press the remote button, the receiver sounds “beeps” you can hear voices from the tracker within 75 ft by bluetooth connection. NOTES: Working distance: 0-30ft (Adjustable), Max. The distance can be up to 75ft in the open air.
- Two-way Notification: Attach this wireless tracker to anything we always forget key or wallet and keep track of them. The 2-way key finder will lets you track lost items or be notified when they are out of range with a ring or flash.
- Finder keychain: Key finder smart tracker with compact size, light weight and easy to carry like a key chain on your kids schoolbag or hang on pet collar, real-time viewing locator effectively avoids your kids, pets are lost. Provide a last seen pin-drop on map via APP to help you recover your items and search your car in parking site.
- Multi-function: Anti-lost alarm, tracking device, remote control self-portrait. Works as a remote shutter for self-portrait, You can remote control the smart phone camera of your with press on the finder button.
5. Cube Key Finder Smart Tracker Bluetooth Tracker for Dogs, Kids, Cats, Luggage, Wallet, with app for Phone, Replaceable Battery Waterproof Tracking
- With Crowd Find Attach CUBE to anything and Let the Cube Community be your Search Party
- Taking family photos? Use CUBE as a shutter button for your phone camera
- Lost your Phone? Use your CUBE to locate your phone with ring, vibrate, and flash, even if the app is not running
- No need to replace CUBE each year. Just replace battery yourself once a year. Extra battery included
- Simple CUBE Tracker app will show last known location on a map, uses bluetooth to tell if you are near or far, press find and CUBE will ring. Also has a separation alarm to alert you if you left something behind.
6. Pawscout Smarter Pet Tag (Version 2.5) for Cats & Dogs, Build Your Safety Petwork, Send Lost & Found Alerts, Track Walks, Set Outdoor Virtual Leash
- BUILD YOUR PETWORK: With Pawscout, the Smarter Pet Tag, safety and community are always in paw’s reach. Help lost and found pets, connect with local pet owners, track walks, and set outdoor virtual pet leashes. Find pet-friendly businesses with the Pawscout App’s neighborhood map, and use Pawscout’s social feed to follow your furry faves or reach out to the community whenever you have a question about grooming, training, or pet ownership.
- CONNECT WITH YOUR PET’S PEOPLE: Build your local network of family members, neighbors, caretakers, and friends to coordinate the care and safety of your pet via Pawscout’s App. Share photos, arrange walks and playdates, and alert neighbors to pet hazards or pet-friendly places. All without any monthly fees or activation fees.
- WALK DIARY & MEDICAL PROFILE: Using Bluetooth technology, the Pawscout Tag sends out a beacon that extends 300 feet in all directions & tells you whether your pet is within this “cone of safety,” making it ideal for keeping tabs on your pet when you’re in the yard or out on an adventure. The Pawscout Tag does not provide the exact location of your pet. Create a full digital profile for your pet in the Pawscout App, including photos, contact info, and medical information.
- HELP LOST & FOUND PETS: Most lost pets don’t go far – that’s why it’s crucial to rally your community. Pawscout’s App makes it easy to enlist local pet lovers if you find or lose a pet. Simply mark your pet as lost in the Pawscout App and our Bluetooth-enabled Tag will send alerts to all nearby Pawscout users (within 5 miles). Receive notifications and location data when your pet comes within 300 feet of anyone with the Pawscout App.
- HOW IT WORKS: Pawscout does not give exact GPS location information. Your Pawscout Tag only knows whether or not a pet wearing the Tag is within 300 feet of you or someone else with the App installed. The App can alert you if a pet moves into range (e.g. if a lost pet is near you) or out of range (e.g. if your pet has wandered away from you). Location services and Bluetooth must be enabled on your smartphone for Pawscout to work properly.
7. FitBark GPS Dog Tracker | Health & Location Pet Tracking Smart Collar Device | Small (17 g) & Waterproof | 4G LTE-M Real-Time US Verizon Coverage N
- 🌎 SAFETY. Designed for dog parents who worry about losing track of their pups. Get escape alerts & Find your pet in minutes. Requires Wi-Fi, Verizon LTE-M coverage in your area, and in-app subscription from $5.95/mo. 30-Day Money Back on all plans.
- 🐾 HEALTH. Monitor activity, sleep quality, distance, calorie balance, anxiety, skin conditions and overall health & behavior 24/7. Set ideal goals vs. breed, age & weight peers. Add multiple dogs and owners in our apps. iOS 12+ or Android 6+ required.
- 🦴 COMFORT. Lightweight (17 g). Fits 5 lb and 240 lb dogs and most collars up to 1.5” wide. Tough, rugged & waterproof. Battery typically lasts 10-20 days depending on Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & Verizon availability. Software experience not optimized for cats.
- 🏃♀️ MOTIVATION. Optionally link your Fitbit, Apple Watch, Apple HealthKit or Google Fit wearable device or smartphone, compare stats side by side and start building healthy & safe habits together. Fitbit Clock Face available on the Fitbit Gallery.
- 🎓 SCIENCE. Trusted by 100+ veterinary schools & research institutions that strive to advance science, including the University of Cambridge and the Mayo Clinic. Join users from 140+ countries in advocating for safer and better informed dog parenting.
8. Apple AirTag 4 Pack
- Keep track of and find your items alongside friends and devices in the Find My app
- Simple one-tap setup instantly connects AirTag with your iPhone or iPad
- Play a sound on the built-in speaker to help find your things, or just ask Siri for help
- Precision Finding with Ultra Wideband technology leads you right to your nearby AirTag (on select iPhone models)
- Find items further away with the help of hundreds of millions of Apple devices in the Find My network
- Put AirTag into Lost Mode to be automatically notified when it’s detected in the Find My network
- All communication with the Find My network is anonymous and encrypted for privacy, Location data and history are never stored on AirTag
- Replaceable battery lasts over a year
- AirTag is IP67 water and dust resistant
- Make AirTag yours with a range of colorful accessories, sold separately
9. SAMSUNG SmartThings Smart Home Hub 2nd Generation
- Your smart home needs a brain, so get started with a SmartThings Hub. It connects wirelessly with a wide range of smart devices and makes them work together
- Add smart devices and put your home to work. Choose from a wide range of compatible devices, including lights, speakers, locks, thermostats, sensors, and more
- Use the SmartThings app or Amazon Alexa to control your smart home. Teach your house new tricks by telling it what to do when you’re asleep, awake, away, and back home
- Power: In-wall power adapter with about 10 hours of backup power from 4 AA batteries (included) Communication. Protocol: ZigBee, Z-Wave, IP. Range: 50-130 feet Operating Temperature: 41 to 95°F. Compatible Brands: Honeywell, Philips Hue, Kwikset
- Requires an internet-connected Wi-Fi router with an available Ethernet port, plus the free SmartThings app for Android (4.1 or later) or iPhone (iOS 9.0 or later)
- Compatible Brands: Honeywell, Philips Hue, Kwikset
- A more powerful processor and local app engine means faster performance and enabled offline processing
- Hub connects to your Internet router via the included Ethernet cable, the Hub has a ZigBee, Z-Wave, and Bluetooth radio and also supports selected IP-accessible devices
- Replaceable batteries provide backup power that keeps the hub operating locally for about 2 hours if there’s a power outage
- Please reference User Guide and Specification Sheet below under ‘Technical Specifications’ for instructions on how to add devices and troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Kindly refer user manual and instruction video for reference
- Hub connects all of the different smart devices around your home so you can remotely control your home’s security, energy usage, lighting, and more, Range: More than 50 to 100-feet, Power Source: In-wall AC (100-240V)
10. 4 Pack Smart Key Finder Locator, GPS Tracking Device for Kids Pets Keychain Wallet Luggage Anti-Lost Tag Alarm Reminder Selfie Shutter APP Control
- 🎁【EASY,QUICKLY TO LOCATE】 – Can’t find your lost items? Just press the button and follow the beeps! locating any items like keys, wallet, TV remote control, keychain, glasses,dog collars or other things that are easy lost through the provided keyrings.
- 🎁【LOUD ENOUGH AND LONG DISTANCE RANGE】 – The sound is 80-95 dB, loud enough to hear from the upstairs level, behind a pillow, in a coat pocket, etc. Easily penetrates through walls, cushions, and doors to find the key. Perfect working Range.
- 🎁【ULTRA-LONG BATTERY LIFE】 – Replaceable CR2032 battery is guaranteed for one year from activation; You can easily replace it yourself.
- 🎁【AGREAT GIFT】 – When you’re scrambling to find your things, this key finder set is the ideal thing you need. No matter use it yourself or send it to your aging parents or forgetful friends, it will definitely make them delightful.
- 🎁【LIFETIME WARRANTY】 – Your purchase is 100% guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the key finder, you could contact us for a refund or replacement anytime.
How does a GPS dog tracker work?
They use an antenna and GPS receiver that sends a signal to the receiver. This receiver then decodes the signals, turns them into digital data, and transmits them to the computer. From there, it can be uploaded to a site like Google Earth.
This allows you to see where your dog has been on a map and you can find out where they are at in real-time. This can also be used to track your dog if you want to see how fast they are moving or how much distance they have traveled.
Is a GPS tracker safe for dogs?
In fact, GPS tracking devices are very safe and have many benefits for the health and safety of your dog. They only send signals through the air and do not need to touch your dog.
They can even be used on small dogs, and the receiver is battery-operated so your dog can stay close to you all day without having to be tethered to you.
How far can I track my dog with a GPS tracker?
They have a range that will vary based on the brand and model that you buy.
With the Garmin range, you can track your dog up to 10 miles away. The accuracy of the system also depends on the amount of space that the device has to work with.
It is most accurate in large areas, but it can be less accurate when your dog is in a smaller space such as a small yard or a basement. Do I need to worry about interference?
There are two types of interference that a GPS tracker can experience. They can either experience interference from outside sources or from internal sources.
Is GPS collar worth it?
In addition to GPS tracking, GPS collars are also used for other purposes.
These may include: Tracking pets Identifying your pet’s location Tracking animals for hunting or fishing Finding lost pets.
How much do they cost?
The prices for GPS tracking devices vary widely and you will be able to find something that works for you and your budget. The price is mostly based on how many features you want. They typically cost anywhere from $30 to-100, depending on the brand and model. The higher the price, the more functions that are included.
A dog gps tracker dog tag is a great way to track your dog without having to leave him alone. It will allow you to check on him when he is away from you. You will be able to see if he left the yard or he was in the house all day.