It’s never been easier to track the location of your car. Now there are numerous GPS tracker for cars available on the market. You can find one that best fits your need by looking at what to look for when buying one.
The best GPS tracker will have voice activation so you don’t have to take it out of your pocket, and it will also support live tracking so you can follow its location in real time. The battery life is also important – if you want it to last, get one that lasts more than a day without charging.
This article is a guide to help you choose the anti theft gps tracker for car, which includes a review of some popular trackers and helpful buying tips.
We have selected these devices based on durability, ease of use and battery life. Here we go.
What is a GPS Tracker and How Does it Work?
A GPS tracker is a device that is used to track the location of an object. The most common use for it is to locate a car, but it can also be used for things like tracking your child’s school bus or an elderly person who may wander off.
GPS trackers are able to pinpoint the location of your object by using satellite triangulation. They use their own built-in antenna and data service providers in order to get the necessary information from space that they need. This information then gets transmitted back down to their on-board computer where they are able to show you the location of your tracked object.
How to Choose the Best anti theft gps tracker for car
A GPS tracker can be differentiated by the level of accuracy required for its use, as well as by its size, power, and features.
Commercial grade GPS trackers are typically used in businesses to track larger vehicles or delivery trucks. Small business grade GPS trackers are typically less expensive and are widely used in small business to track vehicle fleets with mixed accuracy levels.
So first of all realize your requirements.
Types of GPS tracker
The GPS tracking device is a small device that can be installed on any vehicle. It has the ability to transmit coordinates to the nearest satellite, which will then relay them back to a control center. The control center will then convert the coordinates into location information and send it back to the tracker unit. There are two types of trackers: active and passive trackers
Passive trackers do not have a power source, they rely on an external power source such as a car battery or 12-volt cigarette lighter plug for their power supply. Active trackers have an internal battery that they use for transmitting signals.
Active tracker units can be used in many ways, including for tracking down stolen vehicles as well as locating motorists who may have been involved in accidents.
It is essential for GPS trackers to have a GPS connection. The best options are those that have a connection to the internet so that your location can be monitored through an app on your phone.
Portability is an essential element in the best GPS trackers. The tracker should be lightweight, slim, and easy to carry around. The device should also have a long battery life.
Geofencing is generally used by businesses to track the location of their employees. It also helps them to provide their customers with an accurate estimate of when they will arrive at their destination.
Small businesses can take advantage of geofencing too. They will be able to free up their time by knowing when they should expect a customer. Geofencing provides them with the opportunity to give their clients an accurate estimate on how long it will take for them to arrive at the store or any other location.
So having geofencing feature with the GPS trackers is an useful feature.
The greater the number of locations it can track at any given time, the better.
If your GPS tracker only lasts a day, then it won’t be convenient to use every day, and if you have to charge it regularly, you’ll be spending more time on charging than tracking your car.
The greater the number of activities that the tracker can record and the more accurate the location that is recorded, the better.
The size of the tracker is also important, and there are plenty of GPS trackers available with sizes from small to large.
The level of accuracy in a GPS tracker can vary. This is determined by the device’s level of the signal and how often it updates its location. The better the accuracy, the more precise your location data will be, but it also drains the device’s battery faster.
Durability and construction
GPS trackers come in various materials, some with plastic bodies and metal cases, others with ceramic cases and metal. Some are even waterproof. The best GPS tracker for durability will have a sturdy and watertight body.
The best GPS trackers will be voice-activated, which will mean they are easier to use and don’t require that you take it out of your pocket.
Power consumption — The amount of power that a GPS tracker requires is also an important factor to consider. This can affect the life of the battery, as well as the overall efficiency of the device. So, the more power a tracker requires, the shorter its battery life is likely to be. Features You can find many options when choosing a GPS tracker, ranging from simple to complex.
Some basic features include
- voice activation: to make the tracking experience easier and convenient
- voice notifications: if the tracker is offline, it will make you aware when it becomes active again.
to let you know when the device is about to leave a particular area or when there is activity in an area
- speed alerts: if your car is speeding or not
- lock / unlock: to automatically lock or unlock a vehicle after an agreed-upon period of time has elapsed.
- tracking speed limit: if your car reaches a certain speed, it will alert you so that you can adjust your driving speed accordingly.
- remote lock / unlock: it allows you to remotely lock or unlock your vehicle.
- theft alerts: your car will be tracked as soon as it is taken out of your possession and it will notify you as soon as it is taken back.
- location history: this feature lets you see the locations where your car has been. It is useful for tracking routes.
- speed and distance history: you can get real-time updates when your car is traveling at a particular speed or driving a particular distance.
- mileage history: if you want to track how far your car travels on a particular route or how many miles your car drives in a day.
- geofencing alarm: can be used to alert you if the vehicle enters or leaves a pre-set geographical boundary
GPS is a powerful tool in the world of theft protection. It helps to find a stolen vehicle or a person.
There are two types of GPS trackers that can be used for theft protection:
– Tracking devices that are installed on the car, motorcycle, bike, etc.
– Tracking devices installed on the person’s body
GPS trackers can help you to find your property and reduce the risk of theft.
10 Best anti theft gps tracker for car
Here are the top 10 anti theft gps tracker for car
1. GPS Tracker, TKSTAR GPS Tracker for Vehicles Hidden Waterproof Realtime Car GPS Trackers Anti Theft Tracking Device with Magnet GPS Locator for Car
- ☞ 【 SIM Card Not Included】: Just like a cell phone, our real-time GPS tracker needs a SIM card to give you unlimited data coverage. If used in the US we recommend SpeedTalk SIM cards which support 2G/3G/4G. The SIM card needs a subscription plan for data that no less than 30M monthly. The SIM card not included. Cancel anytime, no contracts or activation fees.
- ☞ 【Realtime Positioning and Precise Positon】: GPS/LBS multiple mode positioning provides you peace of mind. Real-time tracking through the website or mobile app (using Google Maps data), and you can also get GPS coordinates via SMS. GPS Accuracy up to is 16ft-32ft/5-10m.
- ☞ 【Strong Magnetic 】: With the built-in magnet, you can easily attach the device to any iron surface, user-friendly. 5000mAh battery, it’s very suitable for hidden inside vehicles.
- ☞ No Installation Needed — With strong magnet, the tracker can be installed quickly and permanently. Just attach it to any iron surface, one second installation! Built-in 5000 mAh lithium battery, maximum 90 days standby, Continuous use:3-5 days,normal working time:7-10 days.
2. Invoxia Cellular GPS Tracker – Vehicle, Car, Motorcycle, Bike, Senior, Kid, Belongings – Up to 4 Month Battery Life – Free 1-Year Subscription – Bu
- PROTECT & TRACK: 24/7 monitoring offers you peace of mind from anywhere. Perfect for tracking cars, motorcycles, trucks, vans, seniors, strollers, boats, teens, valuables, children, bags and assets.
- NEVER WORRY AGAIN: real time anti-theft alerts let you react quickly to suspicious activity. Set custom alert zones (geofencing) and receive notifications when the tracker enters or leaves them.
- EXCEPTIONAL BATTERY LIFE: up to several months between charges, various tracking modes available. Long life alarm mode (motion sensor) and 5, 10, or 30 minute update rate. Rechargeable in 1 hour.
- NO MONTHLY FEES, NO HIDDEN FEES: 1-year subscription and built-in SIM included, then from just $29.90/year. Uses GPS, Wi-Fi tracking. Works anywhere with 4G LTE-M coverage in the Continental USA and Hawaii.
- STANDALONE & DISCREET: Ready to track out of the box. Set it up instantly via the app and slip it into anything you want to track.No need to plug it in while in use. Lightweight, compact, concealable.
3. XCSOURCE Vehicle GPS Tracker Real Time GPS Tracking Motorcycle Car Bike Antitheft GPS Tracking Device Locator AH207
- Real-time tracking, show location information automatically(supports Android/IOS APP, web/WAP).
- Getting instructions and location information via SMS, queries on Google map.
- Built-in switching power supply, wide voltage input range(suitable for all cars), plug and work.
- It needs password to make and change any setup, protect your privacy.
- It can accurately position even when the signal is weak.
4. TKSTAR GPS Tracker,GPS Tracker for Vehicles Waterproof Real Time Car GPS Tracker Strong Magnet Tracking Device For Motorcycle Trucks Anti Theft Ala
- ✔【 SIM Card Not Included】: Just like a mobile phone, our car tracker needs insert a SIM card to work. Please buy a SIM card that support 2G network and insert it to our tracker device. Then you can real-time track through SMS, APP and website on mobile phone, tablet or PC. In the US, We recommend: SpeedTalk/T-mobile.
- ✔【 Precise Positioning】: GPS+LBS dual mode positioning provides you peace of mind. If the GPS signal is good, the vehicle tracker will be positioned through the GPS satellite(the accuracy is 16ft-32ft/5-10m); otherwise, vehicle tracker will be positioned through the LBS(the accuracy is 100-1000 meters)!
- ✔【Anti Theft Functions】: Shake alarm | Geofencing | Overspeed alert | Historical playback. Whether it’s commercial fleet management or tracking the safety issues of the people you care about when they drive, our tkstar tracker is a perfect choice.
- ✔【Strong Magnetic and Easy to Install 】: Built-in 5pcs strong magnets, gps locator can easily attach the device to any iron surface, easy to install and hidden. IP67 waterproof, no need to worry on rainy days.
- ✔【Excellent and Faster Customer Service】: There may be some places on the product manual that are not clear enough, please feel free to contact us whenever you need help. We will respond within 12 hours!
5. TheCoolCube Vehicle Car GPS Tracker 103B with Remote Control GSM Alarm SD Card Slot Anti-Theft GPS System Tracking Device
- It is not only a GPS tracker, but also a car alarm;Vibration alarm, door open alarm, movement alarm and ignition on alarm & power failure alarm;Mileage calculation function (=odometer);Geo-fence alarm (radius range: 0.1~99KM);Over-speed alarm (speed range:1~255km/h);
- SMS/GPRS/internet network data transfer. Point-to-point, point to group, group-to-group monitoring.
- Continuously auto track upon different time and distance intervals.
- Absolute street address with GSM network. SD card for data logging.
- Support 9-36V, so it can be installed on Bus, taxi, truck ,personal car, business car etc.
6. XCSOURCE GPS303-F Waterproof Real Time GPS Tracker GSM/GPRS/SMS System Anti-Theft Tracking Device for Vehicle Car Motorcycle MA1012
- Waterproof Professional GPS Device: Location based service(LBS) + GPS double real time tracking monitor solution. Supports SMS/GSM/GPRS/Internet Network data transmission. Able to switch ARM / DISARM state by SMS.
- 4 Ways to Track your Car: Supports using Web server, PC tracking software, Mobile phone app or sending SMS to track your car. Send a message to the tracker, you will receive a text message with a google map link shows the instant location of your vehicle.
- Multiple Alarm Function: Door Open Alarm, ACC Alarm, Low battery Alarm, External Power Off Alarm, GPS Blind Spot Alert, SOS, Multi-area Management, Movement Alarm, Overspeed Alarm, Fuel Alarm, etc.
- Extra-long External Microphone: 1.5m Monitoring Microphone allows you to listen in to the situation inside your car while you call the device after changed it into Monitoring Mode.
- Rechargeable Device with Large Memory: Built-in Rechargeable 3.7V 500mAh Li-ion Battery. Built-in memory for 16,000 positions, also supports external Micro SD/TF Card. (The external card is NOT included)
7. Mini GPS Tracker TKSTAR Anti-Theft Real Time Tracking on App Anti-Lost GPS Locator Tracking Device for Bags Kids Satchels Important Documents Lugga
- 【Monitor Affordable】Just like a cell phone, our real-time GPS tracker needs a SIM card to give you unlimited data coverage. If used in the US we recommend SpeedTalk or T-mobile SIM cards which support 2G/3G/4G. The SIM card needs a subscription plan for data that no less than 30Mb monthly. The SIM card not included. Cancel anytime, no contracts or activation fees
- 【Unlimited Distance Real Time Tracking】GPS/LBS dual mode positioning, GPS accuracy is 16 – 32 ft. Easily and privately track any location in the world from your computer, tablet, or phone. You can also track unlimited devices under one account. Perfect for tracking children, teen, elderly, employees, dog, tools, assets, valuable belonging. value
- 【Alerts & Smart Notifications】Revolutionary technology works indoors & outdoors. You will get real-time alerts when the tracker crosses a Geo-fence zone that you designate. You can receive low battery, speeding and start moving alerts about the tracker’s movements via App notification or SMS. 180 days history reports on speed, time stamps + map routes.
8. Mini GPS,TKSTAR Mini GPS Tracker Magnetic Micro GPS Tracking Anti Theft Real Time GPS Tracker Portable GPS Locator Handbag Wallet Pockets School Ba
- ♦♦♦ 【Mini design & wide use】– Mini multi-function GPS tracker size is 47 mm x 24 mm x 18 mm. The GPS tracker is designed for use in everything, wallet, purse, pockets, children, school bags, important documents.There is a small hole that can hang the rope, light and portable.
- ♦♦♦【 Real time positioning and accurate positioning】– Real-time tracking, show location information automatically (supports Android / IOS APP, Web / WAP), real-time free tracking, GPS / A-GPS / LBS mode positioning, positioning accuracy of up to 15 meters. Three positioning way: SMS message, app positioning, web positioning.
- ♦♦♦ 【Electronic Geo-Fence & Track memory】– If you set a geo fence to limit its movement within a district, the device sends a message to the app if it violates the district.Track memory: The GPS device within 6 months you can the pace of the web monitor your center set check and efficacy.
- ♦♦♦ 【Built-in magnet.Live tracking features are endless!】– The mini GPS tracker has a strong magnet built in. It can also be magnetised on metal. The GPS Locator tracks its position such as cars, trucks, boats, vans and construction machines for anti-theft.
- ♦♦♦ 【Battery life & history track memory】– The GPS tracker built in 600mA Li-ion battery, Long standby 200 hours, net weight: 25g mini size, lovely, very suitable for concealing. Within 6 months, you can check and play back the history of the tracker. 【Pls Note】: Need a 2G/GSM SIM card which has a subscription plan for data traffic that no less than 30M monthly. Please confirm there is 2G cellular coverage in your area and you can get a SIM card which supports 2G cellular from your country.
9. TKSTAR 4G GPS Tracker for Vehicles Hidden Car GPS Tracker with Strong Magnet 5000mAh Real-time Anti-Theft Vehicle Tracking Device for Car/Motorcycl
- ★【Real-time and Accutate positioning】: Working based on existing GSM/GPRS/LTE network and GPS satellites, our 4G Car Tracker can real-time locate and monitor any remote targets by SMS, APP and Website. Positioning accuracy is up to 5 meters.
- ★【Electronic fence】: You can set up a geofence for the tracker device to restrict its movements within a district. The radius of the geofence is adjustable from 100-5000m. If your car is out of range you have set, the car locator tracker will send alarm information to APP.
- ★【Multi-function】: SMS/APP/Website Tracking, Geo Fence, Over-speed Alarm, Shock Alarm, Low Power Alarm, Power-saving Mode, 6 Months History Track Memory. All of these features can be viewed live on your phone for your peace of mind.
- ★【No Installation Required】: Built-in 5pcs powerful magnets, GPS tracking device can be installed quickly and permanently on any metal surface. Widely Used for tracking the location of the vehicles(renting car,truck,moto,freezer,boat etc), asset, etc.
- ★【Lifetime Free APP and Web Tracking Platform】: Web server and both iOS and Android version APP are available! You can track online in real-time through our free APP and Web platform. 【PLS NOTE: it needs to work with a local SIM card that supports 4G network. In the US, we recommend Speedtalk($5/per month)】.
10. Car GPS Tracker for Vehicles Real-time Locator GPS/GSM/GPRS/SMS Tracking Cars Antitheft with Mobile APPs
- Type: GPS, Tracker ; Model : GT06 ; GPS Bands : GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz Network : GSM, GPRS ; Voltage Range : 12V – 36V ; GPS Sensitivity: – 159 dBm GPS Start Time: Cold status:45s, Warm status:35s, Hot status:1s ; GPS Positioning Precision : 5M Battery Capacity: about 210mAh, standby time is about 50mins to 1hour
- OPERATION: – Initialization, send SMS (begin123456#) to the unit, it replies OK, then you initialize all the settings to default factory settings. – Change password, make sure the new password is in 6 digits arabic numbers. – Authorization, there are 4 numbers to be allowed to authorize in the tracker at most, you just need send SMS in the format specified to the device.
- APPLICATION: Vehicle leasing, fleet management and more, Motorcycle, scooter, bike anti-theft , Motorcycle, scooter, bike real-time tracking , Manage personnel
- SIM card — Just like a cell phone, our real-time GPS tracker needs a SIM card to give you unlimited data coverage. If used in the US we recommend SpeedTalk or T-mobile SIM cards which support 2G/3G/4G. The SIM card needs a subscription plan for data that no less than 30M monthly. The SIM card not included. Cancel anytime, no contracts or activation fees.
- Global Locate GPS Tracker】this gps tracker work based on GPS +LBS+GSM ,so it can work perfectly around the worldwide countries.no matter where you are ,as long as that place have GPS signal ,you can tracking it by SMS/Calling and App/Web.
5 Great Uses of a 3rd Generation Wireless Location Tracking System
GPS trackers are location-tracking devices that help you to keep track of your vehicles or valuable assets. They are inexpensive and easy to install, so it might seem like an easy decision. However, before you buy one, it is important to weigh the benefits against the downsides.
A GPS tracker is a device that can be installed onto any type of asset in order to monitor its geographic movements. This information can then be used for many purposes including security and tracking of valuable assets.
GPS trackers are often used by individuals who want to keep tabs on their car or other personal items but they are also frequently employed by businesses for various purposes including security monitoring and inventory management. For this article, we will be focusing on how GPS trackers can be used by businesses for tracking their valuable.
Some Disadvantages Using GPS Trackers
Although this may be true, there are some disadvantages to using GPS trackers. As previously stated, these devices can be expensive. Some may require subscription fees and monthly charges, which is another added cost.
Disadvantages of GPS trackers GPS devices use a satellite signal that is located above our planet. In order for the device to work, it has to be able to detect the signal, decode the data, and then make sense of the information.
GPS devices depend on four satellites to work, and there are a lot of things that could interfere with the signal, like buildings, trees, hills and mountains. So if you are driving through an urban area, or in a large city, then it might not be very easy to pinpoint the location of your car.
Also, some areas have lots of tall buildings and they may block out the signal from the satellites, especially at night. GPS devices don’t provide 100% accuracy. Some may show you a false location even when the device is working properly.
Why Having a Good GPS Tracker is Important?
Here are the five reasons why you should have a good GPS tracker for your daily life.
- GPS trackers are not as expensive as they used to be.
- They can be installed on a vehicle and still monitor the person who is driving it.
- They can also monitor where a person has gone, how long they were at that location, and what kind of activity they were doing at the location (i.e., if the person was outside for work or inside for personal use.)
- GPS trackers can also be used to monitor people’s movements after an accident or incident to find out where they may have been taken by an attacker or someone with bad intentions towards them.
- GPS trackers can be installed on children’s backpacks to ensure that the children are safe throughout their day and return home safely at night, even if there’s no.
There are a plethora of anti theft gps tracker for car out there. Make sure you do your research before making a purchase, and always ask yourself what you need the tracker for. Remember, your needs may change over time so it’s best to buy something that is more flexible than something with one specific use case.